Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i didnt do it. But i had the J-mod done. To whom that do not know what this is, its a modification to the seperator plate on the valve body where u drill some holes out and mess with the accumilator springs. Good thing i did it to, i figured maybe the previous owner had changed the tranny fluid before but no it was still the same fluid at 61k so got that taken care of. Still no manual but tire barks and a lil throw back is much nicer.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
Well i didnt do it. But i had the J-mod done. To whom that do not know what this is, its a modification to the seperator plate on the valve body where u drill some holes out and mess with the accumilator springs. Good thing i did it to, i figured maybe the previous owner had changed the tranny fluid before but no it was still the same fluid at 61k so got that taken care of. Still no manual but tire barks and a lil throw back is much nicer.
Ah yes! The auto that WAS in my Camaro, I did that to. Worst 2 days of my life! Does it run to redline a little better now? When I dropped that mod into my valve body it picked up almost 200 more rpms...

Still have the tranny, rebuilt, with 500 miles on it. Has that mod, B&M pressure switch, AND IT WONT FIT THE V8. I was too dumb to check on that... man was my face red when I realized...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sp00ner said:
Ah yes! The auto that WAS in my Camaro, I did that to. Worst 2 days of my life! Does it run to redline a little better now? When I dropped that mod into my valve body it picked up almost 200 more rpms...

Still have the tranny, rebuilt, with 500 miles on it. Has that mod, B&M pressure switch, AND IT WONT FIT THE V8. I was too dumb to check on that... man was my face red when I realized...
I havent checked it to the redline yet. Ill see today, it was dark when i got through yesterday and i just played a lil cuz i was an hour away from home and had to get home to get my daughter and get to bed for work. I was gonna remove the 1-2 shift spring cuz it gives a nice kick at WOT but normal driving it still a little too much. I think ill leave it the way it is and get a tune to increase line pressure which will work well with the j-mod allready. These guys have done this like a zillions times so it took like an hour and half.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Was this a do-it-yourself mod, or did it come as a kit? I picked one up from B&M, had to replace some of the springs. Enlarge some of the holes in the plate that seperated the two 1/2s of the valve body, and it replaced a small item or two. All in all, it cost like $100(?) for the kit, but the labor SUXED. I also found out that a mouthfull of tranny fluid makes your teeth numb! :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah u just take the existing seperator plate and drill certain holes to certain specs..as well as replace a spring with a stiffer one and remove one or 2, depending on the harshness of the shift u want. Its not a kit, just a modification but better then any shift out there for my tranny and its also safer. An engineer that works on them at ford came up with it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yup, sound exactly like what I did. Except you probably paid less for it!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah but its not a shift kit u go and buy somewhere. Better then a shift kit, safer for the tranny. I payed for fluid, filter and 50 bucks for the labor :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got to test it out some. On my 1-2 shift the other day i got a little sideways!! Just a tad but pretty cool. Yes he drilled the plate between the valve body..remove the 2-3 shift spring, put a stiffer spring in the the top 1-2 shift and let the old 1-2 lower spring in so it wouldt be to harsh. Still its MUCH better then it was before!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts