Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know I've had many woes with tranny leaks on this car. I have only owned my car for about a month and a half and it has been in the shop for a leak five times. Once, it had to stay for a week. Yesterday, I took it in to fix a small oil leak and that took about 3 and a half hours. Well, today I look under it to make sure everything is alright and it looks as if the transmission is leaking AGAIN!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

At this point I'm just fucking livid about it. Of course, it's noon when I see it and everyone at the service department is out to lunch. Just waiting on a call back.

I should have known that any part that says Saab on it would end up being a piece of shit.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
JPK said:
As most of you know I've had many woes with tranny leaks on this car. I have only owned my car for about a month and a half and it has been in the shop for a leak five times. Once, it had to stay for a week. Yesterday, I took it in to fix a small oil leak and that took about 3 and a half hours. Well, today I look under it to make sure everything is alright and it looks as if the transmission is leaking AGAIN!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

At this point I'm just fucking livid about it. Of course, it's noon when I see it and everyone at the service department is out to lunch. Just waiting on a call back.

I should have known that any part that says Saab on it would end up being a piece of shit.
hey now, you're the only one i've heard of with this problem, so it's not all of the trannies, mine is actually just fine, i've checked multiple times for a leak and cannot find any. if anything, try and put up with it until the LSD becomes available! GM is posting times for the SS SUpercharged that are slower than the Redline...

either way, both are nice, but plastic body panels last a very long time!

too bad, hopefully which ever way you go, it works out in your favor

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vita said:
hey now, you're the only one i've heard of with this problem, so it's not all of the trannies, mine is actually just fine, i've checked multiple times for a leak and cannot find any. if anything, try and put up with it until the LSD becomes available! GM is posting times for the SS SUpercharged that are slower than the Redline...

either way, both are nice, but plastic body panels last a very long time!

too bad, hopefully which ever way you go, it works out in your favor

I know but I'm just sick of taking this car in for the SAME PROBLEM. I attribute 1/3 of the mileage on my car to driving back and forth to the dealership. :mad:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey man, sometimes you get a dud. Unfortunately I have experienced this problem before but not with this vehicle. It could be that your dealer is just straight up retarded. I mean come on, they forgot to put 4th gear back in the tranny.

Is there any way you can go to a different dealer? But I am sorry to hear some of you guys are experiencing problems, I'm so glad I'm not...

Tom

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom01SC2 said:
Hey man, sometimes you get a dud. Unfortunately I have experienced this problem before but not with this vehicle. It could be that your dealer is just straight up retarded. I mean come on, they forgot to put 4th gear back in the tranny.

Is there any way you can go to a different dealer? But I am sorry to hear some of you guys are experiencing problems, I'm so glad I'm not...

Tom

Well, they didn't actually forget to put 4th gear back in. They recieved a seal that was too big and was not allowing the car to go into 4th. No problems shifting at all. Now this fucking leak thing..............

·
Registered
524 Posts
JPK said:
Well, they didn't actually forget to put 4th gear back in. They recieved a seal that was too big and was not allowing the car to go into 4th. No problems shifting at all. Now this fucking leak thing..............
It's most likely the fault of the dealer/tech. If you can, try a different dealership. Talk to the service mgr at a different dealer and let him no the situation. Also call up Saturn corp and complain like hell. That dealer will actually get in trouble and most likely call up and kiss your ass...

Tom

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'm in a rental car for the second time in the month and a half I've owned this car.

Good news (if there is any) is it's not the tranny leaking again. It's the rear main seal. I should get it back tomorrow afternoon. I told them to MAKE SURE that NOTHING is leaking on it before they call me and tell me it's ready.

Tom, I think I will put in a call to Saturn Corporate and complain. I'll tell them I'm one wrong thing away from filing lemon. Maybe if I bitch enough I'll be able to get some free upgrades or at least some free oil changes out of it. :p

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes, it's not the cars fault. It's the Service Dept and/or Tech (s)! I really hope they fix it this time. I would call Saturn Corp. and Bish! 1-800-553-6000 :D don't tell-em I sent ya!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got the car back today. It turned out to be an idler screw O'ring that was busted causing the leak rather than the rear main seal.

Hopefully this is the last time I need to take it in for warranty work. For a while, at least.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brakes are fine. I've got almost 5K miles on it and no grooves in the rotors yet (fingers crossed).

However, the haunting mystery leak is back AGAIN!!! This will be like the 6th time I've had this car in because of a leak.

I absolutely LOVE the car. It runs great and drives well but this leak thing is really getting to me. :(

I've got a header coming for this thing from Adam. I just want everything else to be in working order before I start slapping AM parts on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts