Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I was pulling out of the grocery store parking lot today. I see this white Integra with a carbon fiber hood fly by, so I smile, speed up and follow. At first I thought he was heading out of town, but he turns on a 35 mph road that lies on the city limits. I follow closely around the corner and then he guns it, I do the same. He shifts and I can hear his loud blow off valve. He's now slowly pulling away from me and gets about a half car length on me or more. Then I hit third and shortly after he slams on his brakes because a car is in front of us. Then he veers off to the left like he's going to pass this car in a no passing zone! I'm thinkin! damn! This guy is crazy. We end up slowing down and turning into a rich subdivision. I stopped at talked to him for a while.
He said he had a stage 3 turbo and runs 14.2. The guy was actually really cool. When I first saw him I thought "hmm rice :) " but then I realized it wasn't really bad rice. He didn't have a huge wing on the back or anything. Just a small one that didn't stick up, and his exhaust was loud but it wasn't like a 4 inch fart can or anything.
It really suprised me. Just thought I'd share this story with you guys.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
damn what do they consider a stage if #3 is only 14.2 regarless you were in for some chasing on that car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, today I saw him again at the car show. On the info card, it said it had 360 whp. I don't think he really floored it because he would've pulled on me harder.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, today I saw him again at the car show. On the info card, it said it had 360 whp. I don't think he really floored it because he would've pulled on me harder.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
a 360HP Integra is going to run a lot faster then a 14.2...he might just be lieing about the Numbers. He should hit high 12's low 13's easily with that much power. He prob just had a bolt on turbo kit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went back to the car show and took pictures. I was right the first time, it said 360 whp! I think he just runs 14.2 because it probably has almost no torque. I was wondering how much these motors have stock??

Attachments

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
It seems to take a lot more to get the torque up on those motors. You'll see a civic with like 650WHP, and only like 380WTQ. It's wierd with them. He's got a JDM front end it looks like. They get the one-piece unit, and we get the ones with the three-holes. Funny thing is, I've heard that some in Japan are gettin the USA OEM fronts as their conversions.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Those #s are kinda odd. Those motors are made for top end power. The motto for Honda has been small engine with high specific output. The 'Tegs came with 1.8L engines. The one here OE redlines at 8,100 rpm, so, those that know what horsepower is will understand why only making 380 ft. lbs. will net you 650 hp on this motor. OE output is rated at 170 hp @ 7,600 rpm.

The Type R motor was the pinnacle of this motto for some time. Same bore x stroke as this GS-R motor, but with a factory ported head, bigger lobes, topping @ 8,400 rpm, and making 195 hp and making only 1 more ft. lb., which you could say is negligible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts