Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since you guys had critiqued my headlights and corners a couple weeks ago, I thought I'd show you what I'd done about it. Painted the back, and tinted (not blacked out, and not vinyl wrapped) the corners. Don't mind the bugs, didn't get a good chance to wash it yet.

Close up:

Comments?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I'm definately liking it, how did you go about doin it all? I've been wanting to do something to my sidemarkers because I feel like if I have to look at that amber color against the black any more i'm gonna explode.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NoRemorse said:
I plan on baking my corners this week and make them clear. Wish me luck!
Maybe you can get Courtney to make you cookies while you have the oven on.

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
9,519 Posts
handyjoe said:
Maybe you can get Courtney to make you cookies while you have the oven on.
cookies and clear corners!!! what an AWSOME combo!!!

PS) The headlights look AWSOME, but I think the corners need a touch more tint, because as it, it kinda changes at differet angles, and kinda glows orange in different light.

But it looks really good.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NoRemorse said:
cookies and clear corners!!! what an AWSOME combo!!!

PS) The headlights look AWSOME, but I think the corners need a touch more tint, because as it, it kinda changes at differet angles, and kinda glows orange in different light.

But it looks really good.
Yeah, I was thinking that myself. When I do the rears this weekend, I'll take out the corners and hit them again.

And OZERMAN, to do the painted parts, I followed the custom headlights how-to in, appropriately, the "How-To" section of the forums. To do the tinting, I went to the local hobby shop and picked up some model car window tint. Applied about four or five really light coats while messing around with the headlights (Remove headlights, spray corners, put headlights in oven, spray corners, pull headlights apart, spray corners, etc.) If I had a bigger oven, it wouldn't have taken me so long because I had to heat up one light at a time. Fairly simple.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
mattyfinch said:
u are honestly the most random person ever superbird, and i think the fact ur asian is starting to run its course as an excuse.

look at it.... it looks funny. its not all blk but dark orange....... it could be my slanted eyes but i just dont like them

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
handyjoe said:
Yeah, I was thinking that myself. When I do the rears this weekend, I'll take out the corners and hit them again.

And OZERMAN, to do the painted parts, I followed the custom headlights how-to in, appropriately, the "How-To" section of the forums. To do the tinting, I went to the local hobby shop and picked up some model car window tint. Applied about four or five really light coats while messing around with the headlights (Remove headlights, spray corners, put headlights in oven, spray corners, pull headlights apart, spray corners, etc.) If I had a bigger oven, it wouldn't have taken me so long because I had to heat up one light at a time. Fairly simple.
I appreciate it, Looks like a have a project for this weekend now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts