Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I heard what could be some bad news about SFPH last night. Is it true that the pulleys your are selling for the RL/SS are just GTP pulleys which you guys have never tested on a RL or SS? I was always told that the programing on the RLs limited them to 12 psi and I couldnt figure out how your customers were hitting 14 psi with your pulleys. Is it because none of these customers are putting them on RLs? How do you know what kinda of boost these are putting out if you havnt tested them? How are you getting though the programing problems?

If anything I said in incorect please tell us. Im not trying to put down your company or product. I just think this should be brought up before some one damages there car. Like I said, If Im wrong, please correct me. I just figured since I heard this from a pritty reliable sorce it should be brought up before someone breaks there car or spend a couple hundred bucks to reach #s they wont actually get.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
gm3saturn said:
I heard what could be some bad news about SFPH last night. Is it true that the pulleys your are selling for the RL/SS are just GTP pulleys which you guys have never tested on a RL or SS? I was always told that the programing on the RLs limited them to 12 psi and I couldnt figure out how your customers were hitting 14 psi with your pulleys. Is it because none of these customers are putting them on RLs? How do you know what kinda of boost these are putting out if you havnt tested them? How are you getting though the programing problems?

If anything I said in incorect please tell us. Im not trying to put down your company or product. I just think this should be brought up before some one damages there car. Like I said, If Im wrong, please correct me. I just figured since I heard this from a pritty reliable sorce it should be brought up.
They sell pulleys for Eaton superchargers. It is not specific to the redline and they have not tested it in house. The boost numbers are what it will put out without the computer interference.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
clownhair said:
The boost numbers are what it will put out without the computer interference.
So there hitting those boost #s without touching the programming or these are the #s they would hit if it wasnt for the programming? :confused: Are the #s are just general for any car with a pulley?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
They aren't hitting anything. It's the customers that the sell the products to, reporting feedback to them. Like I posted before, and like clownhair just said.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
gm3saturn said:
So there hitting those boost #s without touching the programming or these are the #s they would hit if it wasnt for the programming? :confused: Are the #s are just general for any car with a pulley?
They have some feedback from a couple customers running I beileve the 3" pulley with 100 octane gas and getting 14 psi. They themselves have not witnessed it. they also sell pulleys for cobras but its up to the guy who owns the cobra to find his own tuning solution. Kind of like I can buy cams but the cams don't come with a tuner.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The boost will just come eairler I believe, I have just recieved my pulley that I ordered (3.25") and I am going to be putting it on a little later this afternoon. I will post results.

·
Registered
411 Posts
gm3saturn said:

If anything I said in incorect please tell us. Im not trying to put down your company or product. I just think this should be brought up before some one damages there car. Like I said, If Im wrong, please correct me. I just figured since I heard this from a pritty reliable sorce it should be brought up before someone breaks there car or spend a couple hundred bucks to reach #s they wont actually get.
If you read all the other thread they post in you would know these answers already. They are just selling pulleys for eaton superchargers and they have said that MANY MANY times. They don't have a redline or a SS/SC. They have customer that have put on pulleys already but thats it.

If you want to know specifics about how they perform on your car, buy one test it out and let us know.
:p

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
tlake84 said:
The boost will just come eairler I believe, I have just recieved my pulley that I ordered (3.25") and I am going to be putting it on a little later this afternoon. I will post results.
WTF man, mines still not here! I feel left out :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
whare is the tentioner pully and How do you loosen it

thanks
brett

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ArrivalBlueSS said:
If you want to know specifics about how they perform on your car, buy one test it out and let us know.
:p
I'll get right on that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
tlake84 said:
What will you be using to pull the pulley off? Is it something you purchased? If so, could you post the link? I'm interested to know how well it works. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pulley Switch

:confused: I wanted to make a pully switch, but i live in california and they dont sell 93 octane here, it is required to use 93 octane. How can i solve this problem

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
close2gournd1 said:
:confused: I wanted to make a pully switch, but i live in california and they dont sell 93 octane here, it is required to use 93 octane. How can i solve this problem
Only have 91? I'm not sure that you can't do it. I guess it is better left to someone more qualified to answer. In my opinion, the worst that should happen, is your car will pull some timing if the 91 isn't enough.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
close2gournd1 said:
close2gournd1, you can safely run a DUB 3.25" Pulley Unit on your vehicle, as long as you change the sparkplugs out for a set of one range colder and close the gap down .005 , verses the stock gap setting.

We have several California and other state customers running this pulley size on 91 octane fuel and no problems reported to date, without ECU reprogromming. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts