Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last time, SUPERCHARGED CARS DO NOT USE BLOW OFF VALVES, CANT USE BLOW OFF VALVES. If you wanted the cool " vroooooom PSH PSH PSHTTTT " sound you should of bought a turbo car. my .02 cents thank you and come agian!

·
Registered
141 Posts
yes, i'm with you, everytime i see people asking about blow off valves for superchargers i think to myself "COME ON! SERIOUSLY, USE YOUR HEAD!"

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Yea, but then you need the 88mph limiter so you don't time travel on the freeway and end up getting to work 3 hours early every day.

LOL!!!!

Wouldn't exactly be a bad thing on those days you're running late though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
dL_RL said:
For the last time, SUPERCHARGED CARS DO NOT USE BLOW OFF VALVES, CANT USE BLOW OFF VALVES. If you wanted the cool " vroooooom PSH PSH PSHTTTT " sound you should of bought a turbo car. my .02 cents thank you and come agian!
Just to clarify and narrow this statement down a bit....

Yes, some supercharged DO use blow off valves, BUT our cars can not.

NO! on roots style superchargers (like on our cars)
NO! on screw type superchargers.
YES! on centrifugal type superchargers where the air is compressed before the throttle body.

·
Registered
291 Posts
get a fake blow off valve if u want the psshhhhhhh sound

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So would that mean that you cannot put on a racing by-pass valv?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I put a couple of big ass Air Horns on the roof of my RL.. This way I get both a great WHOOSH sound, and I don't have to put up with the stock Schwinn bicycle horn!! :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
They sell those awesome "get that turbo noise" kits on ebay, and you could even hook it up to a signal wire so it can fluctuate with your RPM's very authentic :D lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
unknownsuperhero said:
They sell those awesome "get that turbo noise" kits on ebay, and you could even hook it up to a signal wire so it can fluctuate with your RPM's very authentic :D lol
You should hear what it sounds like when I get on the air brakes! ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
get a smaller pulley, cai, and a tornado. make that super whine louder then a turbo "pssssh" and watch them in your rear view trying to keep up (with other mods, of course :D )

·
Registered
156 Posts
About this supercharger/turbo crap. I had a lapse in judgement and went to a ricer tuner shop called &^%$#@@(sorry not getting sued). they told me to drop the supercharger and get myself a turbo(if I wanted real power). WTF I says after my trip back to reality. I thought about it for a hole virgins sex second and said lets see what my s/c does against your eclipse turbo. Ok that damn eclipse was fast but in the end my RL prevaled. Needless to say the "turbo geek" changed his tune on superchargers and said that I should just look for smaller pullies, how 'bout that. Still waiting for the go ahead with those after market parts.........................the saga continues

·
Registered
35 Posts
Keebler said:
get a smaller pulley, cai, and a tornado. make that super whine louder then a turbo "pssssh" and watch them in your rear view trying to keep up (with other mods, of course :D )
Please tell me your kidding about the tornado?!?!?! lmao

·
Registered
681 Posts
Keebler said:
A Tornado? You have got to be kidding me...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts