Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mr Casual said:

Click here to see Video
:cool:
This confirms alot of your killz you guys post. It really isn't a kill but keeping up with these cars is impressive.

He lost his a$$ both times, the other car (I think camaro) blow right past. Then he races a 10 year old M3 and got toasted at the end! If you though he was keeping up then you need to see an eye doctor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got my eyes checked and the doc said they were fine thanks for your concern.How do you figure he got his a** beat? The camaro is running the ls1 v8 and the m3 even if it is old is pushing 240 hp inline 6-cylinder. In my opinion if the RL is so slow why didn't these other two cars blow him away from the start. It look likes to me that he let off at the end of each race. I mean the cars jump at the end which to me seems like he rode the brake.If it's your opinion cool have your opinion but if your just trolling do it somewhere else. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
i can shift better than that..

not starting a war or anything, but it seems that person was new to the RL

our cars rock and i really think gm did a good job and im prould to own a saturn

keith-

my girl owns an ion as well, she has a 4 door in cranberry

·
Registered
291 Posts
this video was posted a bunch of times, i think the guy in the video said he let off both times around 100 and thats why it looks like both cars took off twords the end

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mr Casual said:
I got my eyes checked and the doc said they were fine thanks for your concern.How do you figure he got his a** beat? The camaro is running the ls1 v8 and the m3 even if it is old is pushing 240 hp inline 6-cylinder. In my opinion if the RL is so slow why didn't these other two cars blow him away from the start. It look likes to me that he let off at the end of each race. I mean the cars jump at the end which to me seems like he rode the brake.If it's your opinion cool have your opinion but if your just trolling do it somewhere else. :rolleyes:
the camaro looks like its the style that had the LT1 motor.. i cant tell for sure tho, but thats the way it looks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mr Casual said:
LT1, not LS1.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mr Casual said:
LT1 Camaro
1993-1998 Models...
LS1 Camaro's
1998-2002 Models... so I'm off one letter! :)
That ONE letter is a huge difference! The car in the video is an LT1 not the LS1. But the RL is an awesome car and I can't wait to see how these and the Cobalt SS respond to moderate modifications.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That was a good video and about what I'd expect. The LT1 Z28 is a high 13, low 14 second car with a manual transmission and a mid 14 second car with an automatic. The LS1 cars, in either manual or automatic, are significantly faster.

I had a 95 LT1 Z28 convertible and then upgraded to a 2001 LS1. The redline slots right in between those cars in terms of acceleration....but it's a hell of a lot more comfortable than either one. LOL...I'm getting old :D oh..wait...that's sad :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts