Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that ever since the "GM is watching us scare" that the boards are being less and less frequented? I mean I am on here alot being as I don't have much of a life but it just seems like theres less and less posting. Maybe its just "The Calm" before "The Storm". Looks like the aftermarket is really about the explode which is good. The more the better plus people making the same parts makes pricing competitive!!! It's either that or.........the forums are just dead since no one wants to talk about stuff there doing for fear of big GM!

·
Registered
243 Posts
It may also be due to the nicer weather and such. I know I am more likely to be out doing something now that the weather has turned. This weekend is my last free weekend until the end of July. The whole idea that GM is somehow using these boards to deny warranty claims doesn't scare me. After all, I am a compulsive liar so anything I say here is not to be trusted!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Funny thing is, probably 99% of the street racing stories here are BS, and the others aren't true...so people are getting their warranty claims denied over an ego-driven lie, backed up by the fact that they still have rubber chunks in their wheel wells after doing a burnout to impress the kids at the local junior high...

It's a danged shame, I tell you.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LoL thats why you spray down your inner wheel well before taking it to the dealership so there less prone to ask questions ;). Anyway good point on the nicer wheather call.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
There's a variety of reasons I really haven't been on here as much; nicer weather, I have my job back now (I was a bum for 2 weeks!), new girlfriend, and so on and so forth. I have definitely noticed a decline though . . . Plus, people are busily out DRIVING their cars!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think that your original idea holds water with some people, but just not with me. I am sure some people have stopped some of their bragging, though.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
It's Memorial Day weekend too. Some people probably on vacation and away from access to a computer.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
GM can watch me all they want!!!! :D :p :D
lol, good call. I don't care that GM watched anyways, I'm not gonna be doing any racing or such on the streets at ALL. Florida is about to pass a new law stating that a racer can be sentenced to 1 year in prison, and get their car confiscated by the police for their first racing offense. I do NOT feel like goin to jail just so I can say I beat some skittle or such. So, GM can watch all they want, it's Florida legislature that's keeping me posting in some sections.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
lol, good call. I don't care that GM watched anyways, I'm not gonna be doing any racing or such on the streets at ALL. Florida is about to pass a new law stating that a racer can be sentenced to 1 year in prison, and get their car confiscated by the police for their first racing offense. I do NOT feel like goin to jail just so I can say I beat some skittle or such. So, GM can watch all they want, it's Florida legislature that's keeping me posting in some sections.
Ohio has a law that if you accelerate at a fast rate of speed then you are having a contest with yourself and that constitutes street racing.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Aeain said:
Ohio has a law that if you accelerate at a fast rate of speed then you are having a contest with yourself and that constitutes street racing.
Really? Damn then i race all the time..out in the country parts that is!!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Aeain said:
HAHAHA that is the lamest thing I have ever heard. That's just like...if you're playing with yourself ( ;) ) then that must mean you're having sex with yourself...? Maybe that's why us Wolverines hate the Buckeyes so...that retarded logic....

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Yeah, we got threatened with it last night when some of us got together at a shop. Cops told the owner that if anyone was speeding they'd get a Wreckless Op Ticket, a Street Racing Ticket, and Speeding Ticket. Along with impounding the car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i've had a cop pull me over that same reason here in pa. he was like what do you think your doining? i was like i didn't think i was doing anything wrong all i did was accelrated to the top speed of 35mph in the zone. he was like don't do it again or i'll give you ticket(jerk)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I could see a cop getting pissed if he sees and hears you hammering it, going WOT, and seeing you control torque steering. But if you're just accelerating decently fast to the speed limit, then that would be a pretty retarded reason for a ticket, especially if there was no one else on the row.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i dont believe there is really they can do anyway as long as you dont post real info about yourself, or like put your vin on here or your plate number, trust me i have been working om cars for years, i sell things like clutches and rotors and tires, etc.... if you came in with a clutch that was ridiculously roasted i would question the warranty also and im sure so would act or any of the manufactures. same goes for tires yeah some have a warranty on them but if you buy a set and come back a month later and tell me there is no tread left im gonna tell you what you were doing with them, and its kinda hard to deny it. if gm is watching they really without proff could not deny your claim unless
1) you posted personal info or as someone i believe did had a pic of thier plate on here, or
2) they could deny you based on the condition of the part in question, if they need to they can send the part to corp. for inspection. so doesnt really bother me.

it seems alot of people here are selling thier redlines that could be a reason, i believe 4 or 5 have posted to selling in the last week or they were trying to sell it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Aeain said:
Yeah, we got threatened with it last night when some of us got together at a shop. Cops told the owner that if anyone was speeding they'd get a Wreckless Op Ticket, a Street Racing Ticket, and Speeding Ticket. Along with impounding the car.
It seems that the police in the suburbs in Ohio are the ones that wanna enforce all this crap. Whenever I drive through larger cities, they hardly care about anything. I got in an accident off I-75 in dayton and it took them over 2 hours to respond!

·
Registered
56 Posts
..and for some reason, I can picture Centerville cops being ass holes. I drove through there a few times.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I personally dont beleive there is ANY "big brother" spying going on here by the General.
In the one "alleged" incident that occured, very obviously immature "loose lips" started spoutin off comments directed at a specific Saturn dealership, and those comments POSSIBLY made it back to the dealer and maybe even those in the warranty claim decision making process.

But based on the scneario (at least as WE knew it in here) I highly doubt these comments would/could directly affect the outcome (despite the claims) as there are very set parameters for warranty denial and "spreading ill will towards a dealer via the Internet" I'm pretty sure IS NOT in GM Policies and Procedures protocol.
Visible and measurable signs of vehicle abuse with apparent disregard for potential component damage- on the other hand...???
WopOnTour

·
Registered
681 Posts
Also, that particular member had his name, car photo, and license plate prominently displayed...duh....no secret squirrel stuff there, for sure, Captain Obvious.

I've been here several times a day, just not much to comment on, since a lot of us beat dead horses on the same subjects...at least until our little aftermarket explosion happens.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts