Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the money to buy a Tq Brace or motor mounts witch one will be better over all. It's for my wifes car and i know they will pritty much do the same thing but witch one will do it better

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
Depends on what you're doing with the car. Torque Brace is probably the easiest mod in that direction but if you're going to be racing and what not you'll end up wanting both of them.

·
Banned
943 Posts
04inblue said:
I have the money to buy a Tq Brace or motor mounts witch one will be better over all. It's for my wifes car and i know they will pritty much do the same thing but witch one will do it better
Remember that these mods will make the ride a lot stiffer (if it's your daily driver). (hehe he said "Stiff" hehe)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Go with the torque brace. I have mine installed on the bottom center firewall side motor mount sitting exactly horizontal. I set it up with a tiny bit of compression tension and I get zero wheel hop now. Absolutely no wheel hop what so ever. I have never tried a TQ brace on any of the top side mounts. No motor vibration increase either; none.

Cynic can set you up with a good TQ brace that will work.

Mike:)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Do it before you munch up your factory mounts. The wheel hop is very severe on the '06 Comp and it will destroy the factory mounts in a hurry without doing something about that hop. The TQ Brace worked 100% for me in my configuration.:)

Mike

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Torque Forward is linked from the front page of this forum. Ben offers bolt on kits that simply bolt on with no BS to worry about. No machining, drilling or wondering if it will work. Let me know if you can't find the link. I don't have it right now but could help search for it. His user name is Cynic. His shop is right in the Minneapolis area.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts