Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a lot of people do it, but I just don't get it??? I know some cars don't have the mid range pull and some do...and some don't have the low end pull...
I would much rather say I beat "x named car" from a light or a stop (such as a empty back road) than saying I won while we started at 40mph or whatever.. I know it makes for a good time but I guess I am just a "from a stop" kinda guy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
For me, I feel the highway is safer if I'm going to engage in stupidity like street racing. If there's a stop light involved it means you're in an area with other people.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It just depends what you're doing when you see the other car. That, and most people here have cars, and are racing cars, that willl rip the tires pretty good at the line. With street racing laws, and for me, the amount of traffic and places for cops to hide, I'd rather do it in the form of 'spirited driving' than lining up and drag racing. Also, some people here us the term 'from a roll', when they might mean 'tried to pass me'. So it's all personal choice, there sure is a bit more satisfaction from lining up and beating them the right way though. Drag strips and road courses...

·
Registered
20 Posts
to me from a roll is better becuz you dont have to launch. i dont know about 40 i try and keep it at 25-30 so you can show more power from the car instead of how much traction you dont have

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
a roll on is so much better when you against a awd car.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
"from a roll" also is more indicative of the power to weight ratio of a car. I think it helps eliminate any possible driver error and gives a better idea of each car's performance. Some people would prefer to have more driver input.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I usually race from a roll simply because I'll be going down the road, see a car, and then engage in a race... Now if there is a street light around or a deserted straight road, then I'll be more than happy to engage in a race...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I usually try to race from a roll. If they race, than stop and shoot the ish with them. Than go from a dig when we leave. From a roll is more of a power race, from a dig is more of a drivers race. With my friends GTO from a roll it wasn't that bad. (beat me by 2 cars), but from a dig he smoked me with ease. Rwd > fwd. Its still fun either way.

·
Registered
296 Posts
shaneathan said:
How about in snow. . .?
You mean, like the RL's stock tires in snow??? :rolleyes:

I managed to get through this winter w/o snow tires (got my RL at the very end of November) but am planning to get a set of decent wheels + good snows for next season. I really had to baby that car on snow... not the easiest thing to do in Chicago winter traffic!

·
Registered
201 Posts
shaneathan said:
How about in snow. . .?

Actually the GTO has traction control. If you punch it in the snow it will physically push the gas pedal back out and not let you get on it again till it gets traction.

I have BFGoodrich kdw's in a 205 (bicycle tire).... They don't go well in the snow. :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
blu4door said:
Actually the GTO has traction control. If you punch it in the snow it will physically push the gas pedal back out and not let you get on it again till it gets traction.

I have BFGoodrich kdw's in a 205 (bicycle tire).... They don't go well in the snow. :D
Our tires are terrible in the snow too, good thing most of it had already fallen this winter when I got the Redline. I never would have made it up my driveway after a good 10" snowfall. Not a chance!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts