Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
what adapter would you suggest 20mm or 25mm in order to clear the stock bolts and do have a mild stanched setup ( im really new at this my brain hurts)? and right now im running the asa's which are 18" x7.5 wide with an offset of i believe 40 but they are not flush the sit in a little bit. i just asked him and he doesn't want to share his offsets ha. he is very secretive.
anychance of adding me on Facebook to discuss this. im trying to order parts asap im behind :( -colin buys
Those wheels of his friend's would probably not do a whole lot for you. When I was looking at adapters for redlines with Author, some of the smallest that we found were 20mm. That would mean that those wheels will effectively be 9.5 with an offset of -5. The Battles you were talking about would be 9.5 +3. Any clue what the sizes are on your current wheels? I can crunch some numbers right quick to at least give you an idea of the difference. I would say that you will probably want to hunt for lower offsets if possible. Battles are sick wheels though, seen a few nice looking cars with them.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
quotes from the shortbus...

Quote:
Adding to my earlier, if any of you have an 07 or earlier (I had an 06 Redline) and you look closely at the rear axle, you'll see that the hub bolts through a steel plate and the caliper bolts to that steel plate - and the plate is separate from the axle. It's easy to shim the entire plate out to 1.5 degrees of negative -- I did it and autocrossed that way for some time (BTW, the shims are nylon and steel and I found no significant wear after more than 25,000 miles of use).
On craack. the caliper ears are welded to the twisting beam. ALL DISC BRAKED OEM DELTA CARS.
For Herbert to say that, really puts into question what he rsays as that is 100% wrong.

I do a rear caliper conversion for race Delta cars (since 2004) and for drum brake cars. This can be shimmed for camber, otherwise as GC says the brakes will bind up.
Wangspeed, Droxity et al are correct you dont need negative camber for track work.

but whatever and wherever this thread goes, good luck.

·
Registered
694 Posts
thanks for the advice but i think you misread it or i cant type. his s2k is doing pretty well im looking to do a mildly stanced car that is still functional for what i use it for. shows
Oh I wouldnt call it misreading it per se as much as not reading it and assuming pretty much everything.. I saw stance then s2k and redline and knew I could probably offer some assistance.. too many words make me sleepy.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
I've got a solid -2* in the drivers rear since the dakota hit me, and I have to say, I wear the hell out of tires and turning right pushes more than it ever did before. Maybe I can swap trailing rears with this guy? Anyone else have a dakota to ram into the passenger rear with?

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
jack the handbrake and whip it into a curb? :shrug03:

·
whore whore whore whore
9,037 Posts
I've got a solid -2* in the drivers rear since the dakota hit me, and I have to say, I wear the hell out of tires and turning right pushes more than it ever did before. Maybe I can swap trailing rears with this guy? Anyone else have a dakota to ram into the passenger rear with?
i have an excursion. i'll just hit you slower

21 - 28 of 28 Posts