Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
so this noise is not speed related so much as engine speed related?

·
Registered
192 Posts
It depends. It usually happens after the car has been sitting for 2 hours, and then when I get on it, thats when I hear the noise.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My car just started making this noise on the right front, but its only in 2nd and 3rd at about 4500-5500 rpms.. any ideas? I'm not sure if this helps either but when I go up my driveway I hear like a small clunk.
I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this noise in your vehicle. Has your dealership had any ideas of what might be the cause of this?

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
192 Posts
Update:
It happened again on the 6th, I had the A/C on and this time it happened in 2nd at 3k rpms right before I shifted. The exact same thing happened yesterday.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
it's hard to tell from your video what exactly the sound is. you might have to take it to someone who can hear it in person.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where you ever able to repair noise? I have similar symptoms and have change the wheel bearing with no change in noise. Brought the rear tire to the front and did not make a difference. Its the driver side and when lifted in the air and running vehicle in gear, I cant hear anything from the driver seat, wheels have to be loaded. It is vehicle speed dependent and is present with trans in neutral and engine off going down the road. Its been two years and really hasn't progressed any so I'm doubtful its mechanical and tires are close to being done, but as I stated earlier(my tires are directional) I moved tire positions with no real change. Just wondering if you were able to resolve it? thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry about my earlier post, did not read to conclusion, perhaps I received a bad bearing, but as I said it has not progressed in the two years and its actually more aggressive sounding as slower speeds.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Just curious on a side note....

what was the deal here in the past?

GM dealerships interjecting on the conversations???

·
Registered
1 Posts
it's most likely a wheel bearing. i just did one in a friend's cobalt that didn't change with load and didn't have any noticable play. it was really crunchy feeling when i took it off the car and spun it by hand.

Hey all.
I just got done replacing both my wheel hubs on my Saturn Ion 3 front drive and passenger sides. Both where done to specs and suggested install.
But, now after replacing both hubs with a two brand new ones.
The passenger side is still humming and making noise. When I'm driving in the highway. It's not humming or making noise. When I'm at low speed driving in city going 25 to 35 miles a hour. I hear the humming at high way speed driving. I also replaced the rotors, pads and caliper's. I also have a set of 4 brand new tiers on my car that were all balanced and rotated. So can any one help me figure out why the passer side is still humming. Is it by chance that auto zone gave me or sold me a defective new wheel hub. Or is it by change my control arm, tie rod, ball joints. Please any help will be grateful

21 - 32 of 32 Posts