Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Bought a new Redline i am very educated on cars. I owned a 500 hp Focus. I blew it up after a race that i had to win i used 100 shot of nos and fried everything. IT was worth it!!!But anyway
Can anybody tell me were i can find a intercooler for it and a blowoff valve? And also a performance website!!! Thanks guys or gals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
rob14219 said:
I just Bought a new Redline i am very educated on cars. I owned a 500 hp Focus. I blew it up after a race that i had to win i used 100 shot of nos and fried everything. IT was worth it!!!But anyway
Can anybody tell me were i can find a intercooler for it and a blowoff valve? And also a performance website!!! Thanks guys or gals.
Not too many performance parts out yet. People are working on it though. Check around here for updates.

If you have a built 500hp focus, how did only a 100 shot fry it?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
Wow, Educated on cars, considering a BOV (Blow off Valve) doesn't work on roots type superchargers and putting a FMIC (Front Mount Intercooler, or Rice intercooler) will just make your car run hotter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Aeain said:
putting a FMIC (Front Mount Intercooler, or Rice intercooler) will just make your car run hotter.
Rice intercooler? If your talking about air/air intercooler. It could run hotter, depends on the size and desgin. If you were to remount the intercooler already in the car (air/water) to the front, it would run cooler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
man the crap is thick in here. I previously owned a Focus that I turbo charged and let me tell you the ammount of people who have a 500hp focus is probably .1%. The ammount of work that engine needs to hold together at that power level is quite substantial. You would need a wrc block beefier billet mains forged rods, forged pistons, a huge ass turbo, converted to return fuel system etc..... One of the pioneering guys in turbocharging focus only has about 390 hp out of his turbo SVT. Just felt the need to let you know how big of a tool bag you sound like.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
HersheyRedLine said:
Rice intercooler? If your talking about air/air intercooler. It could run hotter, depends on the size and desgin. If you were to remount the intercooler already in the car (air/water) to the front, it would run cooler.
Remount? The heat exchanger is in the front. Since, that is what cools the water that absorbs the heat after the Blower.

There is no way a Air-to-Air could run cooler than our Air-to-Water. Ricer Intercooler comment might have been over the top. But, an Air-to-Water intercooler is the most efficient set up out there.

An Air-To-Water intercooler can exhange more heat, water (or coolant) can absorb more heat than air, therefore the best bet is for someone to stick with the stock system. Just listen to the Psi-Fi guys, they love the intercooler on the Red Line.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
this has to be a joke right. unless you did the RWD swap from kugel komonents v8 conversion 500 hp is a big number to claim.

BS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
There was only 1 person who had a 500+hp Focus, and that's Turbo Tom, and he has about 10,000 into the engine and drivetrain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
linenoyz said:
Umm...guys? It's a bullshit post. I can't believe it got serious replies.
I agree....



No trools past this point :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
rob14219 said:
I just Bought a new Redline i am very educated on cars. I owned a 500 hp Focus. I blew it up after a race that i had to win i used 100 shot of nos and fried everything. IT was worth it!!!But anyway
Can anybody tell me were i can find a intercooler for it and a blowoff valve? And also a performance website!!! Thanks guys or gals.
LMFAO! :rolleyes:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top