Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't found this problem around yet but here goes.
On the way back home from the store the turning signal blinker started blinking fast so you figure that it's a blown bulb. I got home and changed the bulb and nothing was fixed. The left signal did not work but the parking lights worked. (GREAT ANOTHER 04 RL PROBLEM:mad: ) I started fiddling with it for a while and decided to change both bulbs from the Silverstar bulbs to the OEM and now both turning signals do not work but the parking lights do. I'm pretty sure I have checked all the fuses to see if it is any and I cannot find any blown ones. Any ideas?! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I could be a bad socket. I've actually seen that happen a lot on chevy trucks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
matt said:
Replace the flasher relay
That's what I was thinking but I will have to take advantage of the warentee on that one.

Also, is there a chance that the HID conversion kit will cause Saturn reason to void electrical warentee? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
matt said:
Replace the flasher relay
RicanSpeed said:
That's what I was thinking but I will have to take advantage of the warentee on that one.Also, is there a chance that the HID conversion kit will cause Saturn reason to void electrical warentee? Thanks.
There is NO flasher relay on the ION!
The BCM controls the output to each signal lamp based on an input from the turn signal switch. If the stock PN# signal light bulbs are good and you have no blown fuses, I suggest you take it in to a Saturn service dept to check for BCM DTCs. Hopefully your HID install was not influencing this.
WopOnTour

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WIERD. Decided to see if they work and now left turning works but not the right. Yesterday it was the other way around. POS.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Like Wop said, possible BCM. I've replaced 1 on an 05 sedan for this reason. The 03 and 04 sedans sometimes like to burn up the harnesses but usually only before the resistor kits were installed which do not apply to coupes. Another possibility, check the wiring at the bulb socket, I had this issue intermittently when I first got my Redline, one of the wires was pinched right behind the connecter.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
yea i agree with wop and SWC... either the BCM needs a replace.. which is unlikely cause nornamlly the dash is the first thing to act up not the lights.. or you pinched a wire and now have a short in the system which would also explain your intermitent problem

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'm not saying it's neccessarily the BCM itself, but any detected faults in the turn signal circuits will be detected and set DTCs. Even using incorrect bulbs could "technically" cause this as the BCM might disable the circuit if it "sees" incorrect resistance in the circuit. So start by reinstalling your STOCK bulbs, check all the fuses in the INTERIOR and UNDERHOOD fuse panels and go from there...
yrethguad said:
Hahahahaha!!!! GM is awesome!! :D
[email protected]
Trust me your damn Hondas are no different!!!

Wop

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WopOnTour said:
I'm not saying it's neccessarily the BCM itself, but any detected faults in the turn signal circuits will be detected and set DTCs. Even using incorrect bulbs could "technically" cause this as the BCM might disable the circuit if it "sees" incorrect resistance in the circuit. So start by reinstalling your STOCK bulbs, check all the fuses in the INTERIOR and UNDERHOOD fuse panels and go from there...
[email protected]
Trust me your damn Hondas are no different!!!

Wop
Could different headlights cause the turning signals to go crazy?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update, connector pins were loose so they "resecured" them however they did and they now work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
noob. Need help help. Same exact problem. All this started AFTER I fixed my intercooler pump. Weird. No problems before. Was left side at first and now its right. How would I test my bcm? Or how can I fix this?

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
open hood. remove bulbs from headlights. remove bulbs from sockets. inspect carefully for melted, out of place contacts. repair or replace.

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
This has happened to me a few times & recently I noticed that if I turn the ignition off & on it fixes the problem for some reason

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
what connector pins did they "resecure?" ive got my underhood fuse box apart (again) and everything look and conducts fine. but ive no powah at the socket or connector base (at the wires as they connect). tracing all the way back to the fuse box, everything looks fine. thoughts? oh yea, its the driver side signals HIGH filament that isnt getting juice. just clarifying.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
That guy's not going to respond. It sounds like you have a broken wire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i switched out bulbs from front blinker that worked to one that did not work and vise versa including rear blinkers established socket for bulb was loose readjusted prongs in socket and it blinker works fine probably good idea to replace in the future hope this helps

1 - 20 of 24 Posts