Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't found this problem around yet but here goes.
On the way back home from the store the turning signal blinker started blinking fast so you figure that it's a blown bulb. I got home and changed the bulb and nothing was fixed. The left signal did not work but the parking lights worked. (GREAT ANOTHER 04 RL PROBLEM:mad: ) I started fiddling with it for a while and decided to change both bulbs from the Silverstar bulbs to the OEM and now both turning signals do not work but the parking lights do. I'm pretty sure I have checked all the fuses to see if it is any and I cannot find any blown ones. Any ideas?! Thanks.
had exactly the same issue. started as drivers front, then I fiddled with it and lost both. then I had drivers come back and lost passengers. turned out it was my multifunction switch on the column. hope that helps

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had this issue with the driver's side signal after I installed my Wideband O2. I used a fuse tap in the sunroof circuit. I didn't have it setup right, and the sunroof didn't work. I thought "No biggie, it's summer in Alabama, I'm not gonna use the sunroof anyway. I'll take care of it later."

Fast forward a bit and I started having the issue. I chased wires, tested fuses, swapped bulbs and sockets, all with no fix. I just gave up for a while and lived with it.

In the autumn, I finally decided to fix the sunroof. It was easy enough, put the fuse tap in the right direction and put a fuse in the blank spot. Viola, sunroof worked again, and ironically enough, the driver's turn signal issue disappeared and hasn't been back in over a year.

Not saying it'll fix it for sure, but it's something to look at. The BCM controls the lights and is apparently very finicky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the way back home from the store the turning signal blinker started blinking fast so you figure that it's a blown bulb. I got home and changed the bulb and nothing was fixed. The left signal did not work but the parking lights worked. (GREAT ANOTHER 04 RL PROBLEM:mad: ) I started fiddling with it for a while and decided to change both bulbs from the Silverstar bulbs to the OEM and now both turning signals do not work but the parking lights do. I'm pretty sure I have checked all the fuses to see if it is any and I cannot find any blown ones. Any ideas?! Thanks.
Did you find the problem cuz my cars doing the same

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you find the problem cuz my cars doing the same
Not the original poster, but I've had my fair share of blinker issues.
Don't know if yours is the same as mine, but for me it was the socket. I replaced the socket and mine started working again. It seems every time I take a blinker light out of the socket, the thing melts down and dies shortly thereafter. I just try not to take them out these days. :) . It is only like $10-$15, so it isn't too expensive to try it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts