Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

FS: 2007 Saturn Vue Redline out of 5 year storage

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  REDLINE1313 
#1 Β·

I had this Vue stored indoors for the last 5 years and brought it out this past October. Since then I’ve done over $2,500 worth of maintenance including putting on an Aisin timing belt kit and Aisin water pump, flushed and changed the coolant with AC Delco Dexcool, new NGK iridum plugs, new AC Delco serpentine belt, new AC Delco air filter and cabin filter, new AC Delco Dexron VI transmission fluid change, new drilled front brake rotors and new pads, new rear Bosch drums and new shoes, new brake fluid change, etc. It’s got the Honda 3.5L V6 engine and 5-speed automatic transmission, and has 148,000 miles. Last year of the box bodystyle and looks as clean as a four year old vehicle because it was taken off the road when it was 4 years old. Priced at $6,995 and may take a part trade. Could also deliver at low cost. Located in the Washington DC area. Just detailed the exterior and have an album at: http://www.fototime.com/inv/4940C2964DD6DA7 will add more pics as I do the interior. atikovi@email.com

See less See more
#3 Β·
i was looking at these before I got my IRL

#5 Β·
Just FYI everybody -
I heard mechanics call DexCool "Dex-Kill" because of the residue it leaves in an engine....
It creates an orange sludge in the engine coolant passages...

I'm going back to ole' green next time I change, and just flushing every two years.
I plan on keeping my RL for a while.

Go to youtube and look for Dex kill....the engine rebuilder shows you what it did to the engines' coolant ports. Disgusting !! not in my baby !!

#6 Β·
There is one video on you tube search dexkill and what he pulls out looks like barsleak. It's shit you put in yer radiator to stop pin hole leaks. Not to mention it's a 91 with a steel radiator, look at the rust on the filler neck. I've only run fed cool in mine and have never seen any sludge. The sludge needs air and if your system is working correctly there shouldn't be air.

#7 Β·
there's a big debate about this I know from my own experience talking to the guys in the shop.

I recently went back to DEXCOOL because I want all original in my IRL.

Also, I used DEXCOOL in my saturn sedan for about 9 years and about 150,000 miles with no engine problems.

#8 Β·
Well, I picked this Redline Vue up for my soon to be wife. I have to say it's in excellent condition and runs like a dream. The miles maybe high, but it's a Honda engine so if you do the required maintenance, it should run forever. The engine in this Redline Vue is so clean, it almost looks like it came off the assembly line. The only thing we've done with it is, put a new battery in it, along with 4 new tires. The battery that came with it was fine, just not the right size, and the tires had tread life left, but I noticed a few (what appear to be) dry rot cracks. For safely and peace of mind, I put new tires on it. My fiancΓ© loves this Redline Vue. She's never been a car person other than gas and go, but she's interested in learning more about what and why the Redlines are special. So we both now have Redlines.

#10 Β·
The vue redline are actually more rare than the ions. They have a 3.5 liter version of the 3.2 liter engine that was in the Acura TL. If you want to dress it up at all you can actually fit the engine cover from the Acura on it. I did it to mine and it was nice. Just like the ions they start as a regular vue but get suspension brake and body upgrades.

#9 Β· (Edited)
nice to here what happened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.