Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black Aerowing on my 04 that I want to either sell or trade. I would prefer not to have a spoiler at all but would be willing to work something out for the smaller spoiler. It would obviously need to be black if any type of trade were to take place. I live in Baltimore, MD and would be willing to meet someone that is reasonably close. Send me a PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Ive got a low black one Ill split the shipping cost and swap you.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John said:
Ive got a low black one Ill split the shipping cost and swap you.
I am really trying to do something with it locally. Let me see if I have any luck with it around here, if not I am sure we can work something out.

·
Registered
808 Posts
cool let me know

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to find out if the holes are the same for both spoilers before I do anything.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes the holes are the same for both spoilers. The smaller spoiler is held on with an extremely strong adhesive in addition to the bolts and is extremely difficult to get off of the trunk lid. There was a long thread on this a while ago.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
yes i have had the unfortunate time of removing the low spoiler from 2 rl's. trust me if you can avoid it DO SO!! trade out trunks if you have to cause you'll probably do more damage removing the small one if you are not VERY careful in doing it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My ideal scenaro is to trade with someone with no spoilder at all.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Might be best off trading with someone who has a regular ION, other than the people who took theirs off themeselves I haven't heard of or seen any redlines that came from the factory with no spoiler at all.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
new2boost said:
Might be best off trading with someone who has a regular ION, other than the people who took theirs off themeselves I haven't heard of or seen any redlines that came from the factory with no spoiler at all.

I know there were a few people on here that mentioned they had no spoiler on their Redline, but I know it was not many.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
new2boost said:
probably going to second that notion... i was thinking about that too in a few weeks... jumping over to saturnfans and posting something over there in the ION-QC forum...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Getting a RL with no-wing was actually an option ("wing delete"), and i would be willing to be there aren't many dealers that would order a red line with a wing delete, because they know that a LOT more people want the wings than don't want the wings. Personally, i special ordered my car, so i got it with no wing!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Of the 3 Redlines that I've seen, only one, besides my own, had the Aero-wing on it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GaRsNoW said:
If i get you a black trunk would you trade me for the spoiler?
I actually think I am going to go a different route. I can get a low spoiler for $50-$75. I think I am going to buy the low spoiler and then sell the aerowing. No offence but to trade even up I feel like I am losing out.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GaRsNoW said:
$200 here for the aero wing right now.
I will hold off, I have seen crappy imitation aero wings go for more on ebay. Thanks for the offer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts