Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling a 2006 Saturn Ion Redline w/Comp Package.
Features:
SunRoof
6 Disc Mp3 Changer
Black/Gray Recaro Racing Seats (Leather and Cloth)
Boost Gauge
Spoiler
Body Kit
17" Comp Wheels
Tinted Windows
OnStar
Limited Slip Differential (LSD)

60K Miles
Never Smoked in
Oil Changes ever 3000 Miles
Tires have about 80% thread left

$12700 OBO *UPDATED*

The Red Line is motivated by a 2.0L supercharged, intercooled Ecotec four, good for 205 eager horses driving through a higher-capacity five-speed manual box with a quicker 4.05:1 axle ratio. It sports tuner-inspired front and rear fascias, rocker moldings, projector-beam fog lamps and an available large rear wing. The Competition Package includes the limited-slip differential, 17-inch gunmetal finish forged aluminum wheels and a center-column-mounted boost gauge with an industry-first drag-racing "Christmas-tree"-like ladder tachometer, which adds visual excitement by lighting yellow then red LEDs as the engine's redline is approached.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Didn't you just buy this? Not sure you'll see that much for your purchase. Several on Ebay going for under $10K.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Bump ive seen car pretty nice actually.

And jason STFU ebay sucks u gotta pay shipping, tax, and depending where car is drive there or ship the car and drive back. So all in all ur looking at same price almost.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Dude, that wasn't my point. $13.5K is high for even excellent blue book value. I can fly one way to where the car is for less than $500 for sure and spend less than $200 in gas to drive back to where I am. Not bashing the car in any way. Just letting him no that he might only hear crickets asking that price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, that wasn't my point. $13.5K is high for even excellent blue book value. I can fly one way to where the car is for less than $500 for sure and spend less than $200 in gas to drive back to where I am. Not bashing the car in any way. Just letting him no that he might only hear crickets asking that price.
Well it does say OBO.... It's like when you go to a dealership I'm sure you don't walk away from the car you want because it has a high sticker price do you?

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Either way selling and buying cars right now sucks ass. Nobody wants to buy a car. I think 12k is a deal on the redline. And I wasn't tryin to be a dick CAT!

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Well it does say OBO.... It's like when you go to a dealership I'm sure you don't walk away from the car you want because it has a high sticker price do you?
I do walk away. I know what I can and can't afford. If I can't there's no sense in looking.

Sorry I said anything. I wasn't bashing your car or your sale. I was merely pointing out that you're not gonna have a great deal of luck selling it at that price. Many on here and on Ebay are getting nothing near what you're asking for comparably equipped options.

Either way selling and buying cars right now sucks ass. Nobody wants to buy a car. I think 12k is a deal on the redline. And I wasn't tryin to be a dick CAT!
I know you weren't.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do walk away. I know what I can and can't afford. If I can't there's no sense in looking.

Sorry I said anything. I wasn't bashing your car or your sale. I was merely pointing out that you're not gonna have a great deal of luck selling it at that price. Many on here and on Ebay are getting nothing near what you're asking for comparably equipped options.

I know you weren't.
Well you shouldn't walk away... I was looking for a car that was 21-23K MAX. I found a 2009 Subaru WRX for $27,900, I loved it, but I knew I couldn't afford it, but it's what I wanted so I didn't give up. Anyway I negotiated and kept at it, until guess what they got it to $23,300 which is were I wanted to be all along, so you shouldn't give up on something you want..regardless if it's a car or not..

And the reason why I am selling it for that much is not for the hell of it, I'm selling it for that much because I got screwed over and I owe $15,500 on this car, so I need as much as possible..but regardless on how much I owe I know it's worth what it's worth and just because I owe more doesn't mean I'll get it, BUT that's why it's just a starting off price...if someone is really interested and likes the car they will give me their offer.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Well you shouldn't walk away... I was looking for a car that was 21-23K MAX. I found a 2009 Subaru WRX for $27,900, I loved it, but I knew I couldn't afford it, but it's what I wanted so I didn't give up. Anyway I negotiated and kept at it, until guess what they got it to $23,300 which is were I wanted to be all along, so you shouldn't give up on something you want..regardless if it's a car or not..

And the reason why I am selling it for that much is not for the hell of it, I'm selling it for that much because I got screwed over and I owe $15,500 on this car, so I need as much as possible..but regardless on how much I owe I know it's worth what it's worth and just because I owe more doesn't mean I'll get it, BUT that's why it's just a starting off price...if someone is really interested and likes the car they will give me their offer.
I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down amigo. Not sure if you realize my age, but I've bought and sold a couple dozen cars in my lifetime and I know how to play that game. But I guess I have higher goals for buying a car I want, Lol! I doubt any dealer is gonna drop $15K from a CTS-V or a C-6 Z06 just so I can get into it. That is more what I want than what I can afford. Just messing with you man. Seriously, I hope you can get what you're asking; hell I hope someone says that they feel like they're ripping you off and are willing to clear the note altogether. But I doubt you'll see what you're asking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts