Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think my ion is having a fuel injector issue. it seems to run ok for a few seconds, then starts to miss, which causes the engine to rev up. it's just about un-driveable because the power delivery is so sporadic. it's not throwing a code which is strange.

i have the gmpp stage 2 kit, if it does turn out to be a bad injector, does that kit use a 42# or a 50# injector? and im guessing i cant buy just one injector fromGM, would my best bet be to just buy an aftermarket set of injectors?

·
Registered
313 Posts
It uses 42's. but if what I am thinking is correct, if you buy an aftermarket set of 42's you would have to retune your car as well because they are different I think. Plug a scanner into it anyways and see if its throwing a code. Mazda was just missing real bad and the CEL was not on but it was throwing a code.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys, lqh it does look like i should be able to order them, that's perfect...and likeaboss im going to bring it down to my mechanic, hopefully there is a code in there, make it a little easier to figure out.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Car Care manager at my work said when cars sit alot (It's only got 22,000 miles, I don't daily drive it so it sits all winter) the MAF sensors tend to go bad, so I un-plugged it, once the check engine light came on the car ran perfect. Considering it sat pretty much all winter I am pretty sure it's the MAF, about to order a new one and a K&N drop in filter to replace the stock filter.

Anyone use one of the "high flow" MAF's like this one? I am wondering if it's worth the extra cash. Mass Air Flow Sensor - Best Price & 200+ Reviews on Jet Power-Flow Performance Mass Air Flow Sensors

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
MAF definitely makes sense for this type of issue. A can of cleaner is only 5 bucks and usually fixes most of our problems with it.

Thanks for coming back and telling us what you found out!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i may give it a try cleaning it, because the sensor does appear to be in real good shape. Do i use the electronics cleaner in the plug part or the little pin's that acctually read the air? or both?

·
Registered
19 Posts
resurrecting an old thread... Talking with ZZperformance they told me that they do not have the standard injectors for the stage 2 kit and have to upgrade (for $80) to the 60's.
Reading the previous replies, 42's are what is suppose to come in the ZZP kit as 'standard'? 60's seem like quite the jump from 42's, but I am not too familiar with injector sizes. I do not really want to pay the extra $$ to go to a 60 if I can avoid it. What are people running with their stage 2 kits?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
42s are fine if you dont plan to boost up. If you plan to go smaller pulley you would want to just get the 60s now and do it. If you plan on staying Stage2 then 42s are fine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a set of used 42#ers if you are interested.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
zzp sold 50's for awhile but 60's have been the standard for a hopped up stage 2 kit and slightly beyond

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a set of used 42#ers if you are interested.
How used and how much Jaizero?
I maybe interested if I can piece a kit together and ZZP can flash my ECU.

I plan on staying with the Stage 2. This is a daily driver so I do not want to go ape sh!t with it. ZZP recommended the 3.1 SC pulley as opposed to the 3.0 since my car is stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ZZP got back to me and said they 'should' have 45# in a few weeks. Jumps the kit up to $280 though. I like $249 better

·
Registered
189 Posts
How used and how much Jaizero?
I maybe interested if I can piece a kit together and ZZP can flash my ECU.
Not sure exactly how used they are, they were on the car when I bought it. I'd let them go for $50 shipped.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll also have the stage 2 pulley (77.9mm) I could throw in too. Just as soon as I get this damn bolt out lol..

·
I'm hungry
6,735 Posts
resurrecting an old thread... Talking with ZZperformance they told me that they do not have the standard injectors for the stage 2 kit and have to upgrade (for $80) to the 60's.
Reading the previous replies, 42's are what is suppose to come in the ZZP kit as 'standard'? 60's seem like quite the jump from 42's, but I am not too familiar with injector sizes. I do not really want to pay the extra $$ to go to a 60 if I can avoid it. What are people running with their stage 2 kits?
the reason why most ppl like 60's are that they are easier to tune, and they give you a nice range of safety. just because the injector size is large that doesn't mean you have to have an aggressive tune... I personally have 60's and a 3.0 pulley waiting to be installed, and I think that would be a descent little set up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts