new it is coming soon

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ford parts in a GM (yuk)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I asked about doing something like that with a bigger pump or injectors and people told me it wouldn't work...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
would work but no benfit that was the point Sp00ner. Cmon man you should know better than that Gosh. Where my damn Liger.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It actually works out good got my rev limiter controlled too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also he adjusted my timing and ecu with his computer kit at the shop, like a "blocker" as he called it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Little RED said:
Also he adjusted my timing and ecu with his computer kit at the shop, like a "blocker" as he called it.
You need to elaborate on that some... how did he adjust it? People have been trying to do that for quite sometime now, and so far, a piggyback is the only way I've heard of...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill find out for you guys, Ill have him put it on here, hes good with cars and computers so if he tried to tell me i would get lost.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
What do you mean by "got my rev limiter controlled"????

The computer is what cuts out the fuel. I'm not sure how a new fuel pump would achieve this?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not from the fuel pump,my cuz adjusted my rev also, sorry i should be more spec next time.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
He bumped up the rev limiter????

You HAVE to have him come on here and explain how he did this.

To the best of my knowledge, our ECU is a tough one to break into and adjust shit.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just to interject but why would you go and replace the fuel pump and ad a "boost-a-pump" (I'm assuming either the kenny bell or the MSD version) when you have not even taken the time to see what the stock stuff is capable of? As well, unless I'm wrong (Psi-Fi guys or WopOnTour might be able to correct me here) the computer controlls fuel pressure, now turn up the voltage to increase the fuel pressure and the ECM is going to try to turn it back down again. Seems like your fighting the system rather than trying to make any gains...............

Seems like kind of a silly waste of mod money to me. :confused:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I Had My Doubts But with the stuff he did works, He'll be on here tomorrow to explain to you guys, cuz a lotta people wanna know whats up, so stay tuned tomorrow.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He also changed the comp also, so and put that Blocker on the ecu, But ill let him explaine tom.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ford parts in a gm. i'm not a certified mechanic, but thats sounds strange but if it works it works. Iv'e just never been that brave to frankenstien my cars with competing car company parts. and yes please have your friend type up an explination this has my interest.

·
Registered
674 Posts
We'll I'm not sure what fuel pump is in our cars I do know that the SVT Focus fuel pump is a variable speed, high pressure, low volume 255 lph pump wich is a good sized pump. I'm not sure that the design of the pumps is the same though. My other thought is that Psi-Fi is supporting near 18 psi with the stock pump wich would put it, if I'm not mistaken, in the 255 lph range as well.

I'm intrested in specifics on what your friend did on the install......

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He'll Be On Soon With Answers To Your Guys Questions.:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
We should not be having fuel problems. I have a fuel pressure gauge and I'm get around 56psi. And your running a boost pump to. What kind of fuel pressure are you getting? Maybe the timing adjustment is what made the real difference.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts