Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was racing back to work after my workout during lunch-time. There were 3 lanes waiting for a light with me in lane 1, an older BMW (1980s?) in lane 2, and a newer model Harley Davidson (I don't know any models - it was a big one is the best I can offer.) Behind me pulls up this newer white BMW 325i with "pretty" wheels - an indicator that's it's not just his daily-driver.

The light turns green and the Harley takes off full throttle. I matched him to the next light, where now, he, I and the aggressive white BMW are lined up.

Again, the light turns green and we all take off. The BMW tries to pull away, but I stay right with him. I still had power to go, so it seemed I could've easily passed him, but somehow it was more fun just to torture him by not being able to "beat a Saturn."

Finally, we all meet up at the next red light. The Harley was making a left turn at this point, but pulled up next to me in my open window and says, "Man, that thing really pulls." It took me by surprise because I was focusing on my next launch in order to torture the Beamer some more. I hadn't a clue what to say. I smiled and looked at his Harley and said, "So does that." Referring to his bike. He laughs and replies, "Yeah, but this is supposed to."

So, I tortured the Beamer to the next light, but he'd had enough and went through the red light to lose me. Sore loser. :p

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I'm gonna go ahead and say "wrong section" but I'll leave that to the mods. I think that the 325's, all though nice looking, have a relatively small engine as far as 'bimmer's go. Don't the numbers break down like this? 3= series number, and 25= engine in liters, meaning 2.5Liter engine? I think these 3 Series are the ones that we can actually hang with, if not even more.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
I'm gonna go ahead and say "wrong section" but I'll leave that to the mods. I think that the 325's, all though nice looking, have a relatively small engine as far as 'bimmer's go. Don't the numbers break down like this? 3= series number, and 25= engine in liters, meaning 2.5Liter engine? I think these 3 Series are the ones that we can actually hang with, if not even more.

We can (and I have) beaten every 3-Series I've come up on (all of them stock), and the Z-3 and Z-4. However the older M-3s are tough to beat, and the newer are damn near impossible......

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
rip_vw32 said:
We can (and I have) beaten every 3-Series I've come up on (all of them stock), and the Z-3 and Z-4. However the older M-3s are tough to beat, and the newer are damn near impossible......
OK, yeah. I forgot to mention that the M series don't count in any of my statements on what we can beat. I've also taken any 3 series lined up against me, but that only makes 3 on my last count. So, I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
943 Posts
yeah, the M3 will hand us our ass. There is a guy around here who has one and we have played a couple of times. It depends on who gets the jump and how lon you run. We have talked a couple times, and I know that the M3 will eat me if on the same open stretch of road, but like a lot of people say, he was surprised that a Saturn could run like the RedLine does. Plus he made the comment that bang for the buck, I win. $17,500, vs. his $42,000. Fortunately, he is one of the M3 owners who will drive the hell out of his car also. Makes for fun.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Kirtsky said:
yeah, the M3 will hand us our ass. There is a guy around here who has one and we have played a couple of times. It depends on who gets the jump and how lon you run. We have talked a couple times, and I know that the M3 will eat me if on the same open stretch of road, but like a lot of people say, he was surprised that a Saturn could run like the RedLine does. Plus he made the comment that bang for the buck, I win. $17,500, vs. his $42,000. Fortunately, he is one of the M3 owners who will drive the hell out of his car also. Makes for fun.

What the hell fun would it be not too? I know for some (damn fricken idiots) they (insert snobby English accent) are status symbols. However, I will NEVER own a car that cannot be driven hard. Car salesmen hate me, I drive the car like I already own it, I'm not spending ANY ammount of cash on any vehicle that I cannot a: drive fast, or b: make fast. The exception being my trucks, but I want them to be tanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.