Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was on my home from work when i see this hot looking white g35 drive up the road were i'm turning and as he passes me he drops it down an gear and chirps the tires going down the road so i get right behind him follow him around for a little bit he's heading in the direction of a nice two lane road so i'm hopeing he's got the same idea i have. we get to the road and of course there is a truck in the on lane at the light so he pulles in on the left and i pull up behind him, light turns green and we both end up launching the about the same he did alittle better i spun my tires a little to much.... i couldn't pull on him but i kept the same excact distance between me and him until about 70 then he shut it down we slowed down to the speed limit which was 45 he pulls into the right lane and he gets on it again so i do the same except this time we where almost even and it stayed that way until he slowed down i think to check out what kinda car i had then we went our seperate ways... i don't know about beating him but i def would have hung right there with him if we lined up side by side. All in all it was fun

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love the look of those G35

good job running with him

·
Registered
89 Posts
didnt they win car of the year last year?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
So you didn't get a look at the G35 driver's face when he realized a Saturn was hanging with him? To me that look is priceless :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TXRLU said:
So you didn't get a look at the G35 driver's face when he realized a Saturn was hanging with him? To me that look is priceless :D
i would reall look at me i wanted to wave to him and give him a thumbs up but he just did a kinda quick look and kept his head forward

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Hehe, he was to imbarssed to look at you. Ah the power of under-rated, unknown cars and that look of astonishment on their faces is priceless. Good Job man.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i think that the guy i raced was just pissed off that a saturn wooped him i was going about 90 when i really started to leave him....

·
Registered
14 Posts
The mistake that driver made was underestimating your redline. When you are racing your car, the goal is to have fun and not get a ticket. There is no point putting 4 car lengths on someone everytime (though once in a while it's fun). Most times when I decide to play along with someone I will just give the car enough throttle to stay a little bit ahead.

The first time I raced a BMW m5 I was about 5 years younger and in my well modded Camaro z28. I underestimated him and pulled out with what I thought would be enough throttle to keep his nose at my doors... at the next light - I didn't make the same mistake twice, yet still found myself amazed that this little BMW sedan was such a powerhouse.

From that night forward I started reading every piece of information on cars I could get my hands on. I also learned the value of a sleeper. No attention from cops, no worries about being chased Johnny Ricer and his rev happy friends, just fun when you should decide to mash the gas a little. Before I bought the 350Z - I turned my Protege into a sleeper with a T3 @ 11psi. Didn't take long to blow the engine, but it was fun while it lasted. I sold the turbo components, put the protege back to stock and bought the Z.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts