Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving Plano at about 1AM, I run into a blue Infiniti. My headlights revealed the bling of some aftermarket chrome mufflers sticking out at an angle like on the Supras. Not sure how in depth the exhaust was. I ended up in front because of traffic but he did a lane change to get up beside me. Both runs were from 60.

:eek: Now to throw out a bunch of exscuses but I missed a shift in the first run and almost again in the second. I think I was just tired. :rolleyes:

Anyway regardless of that I was so impressed that the RL still hung with the G35. When I missed, the gap only opened for that long and then was maintained. I really think I could've pulled ahead if I knew what I was doing. :p

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
those G35s are sharp, but they're also heavy. Nothing like giving an expensive car w/a snotty driver a run for their money. Even if you lose heck its a much less expensive car battling w/the big boys. Can't wait for the aftermarket to catch up so we can put to shame some of the big boys out there like the New Mustang GTs and 350Zs :D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The G35 is a pretty quick car man.

The best thing about our cars is......if you get beat, big deal, they can tell their friends they beat a Saturn and no one will be impressed. If WE win, we get to brag that our Saturn just beat XXXX car and everyone is like, "Wow!"

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
TXRLU said:
those G35s are sharp, but they're also heavy. Nothing like giving an expensive car w/a snotty driver a run for their money. Even if you lose heck its a much less expensive car battling w/the big boys. Can't wait for the aftermarket to catch up so we can put to shame some of the big boys out there like the New Mustang GTs and 350Zs :D
3800+ lbs. The 350Z is just under that, I couldn't believe it!

·
Registered
272 Posts
those cars are fast..i raced a slightly modified g35 from a stop 4 times a while back...i set it up with my friends...i won 3/4...won by 1/2 car, 1/4 car, 6 cars (tried to race w/o sport shift lol)...it was a sport shift and only mods i he told me about were exhasut, carbon fiber hood, and lowered...damn good races..a lot of fun... :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts