Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After baseball practice bright and early in the morning we finally get done and I head home. I come to an empty intersection on Olive Blvd. As I wait there a G35 comes up and I think the guy goes to my school. The light quickly changes tho so I get a somewhat fast launch just to let him know im interested but not to cheat and get a great launch and have him catch up. I hear him slam on the gas and that V6 comes to life. I slam it into second and take it up to 6000 Rpms. I up into third and take it all the way to redline. By then going about 100, the G35 hadn't gained an inch and was still a car length behind. Well that's it. My first kill. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
nice car Nice kill

·
Registered
679 Posts
Just read this, I guess i didnt see it earlyer. Good kill i thought i was the only one who could beatem. Thats cool. they are nice cars i think bill and i both tested drove one b4 the RL. but ended up gettin the RL. Keep represent'en the RL to the streets a few years from now we'll all be gods!!!!

OK maybe not so mutch gods but it was a good idea. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea im deffintly calling BULLSHIT, unless youre heavily modded. That car has 280 hp(coupe). Yea so there is no way in hell you beat a G35, unless there is somthing you arent tellin me. Stock for stock that car will eat your car alive. So im saying NO you did not beat a G35!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Well our fine SRT friend, call bullshit all day if you like; I think it sounds reasonable. Let's compare the stock 0-60 times that car magazines recorded for both cars; Road and Track, a very reputable magazine, recorded 6.1 seconds for the Redline, 6.1 for the G35. HOLY SHIT. SAME EXACT TIMES.

Take into consideration that our buddy said he got the jump on this one and the G35 got behind. Now also, our cars put between 205 and 215 hp to the GROUND stock and weigh roughly 3000 pounds. This equals about 250-260 hp at the crank, roughly, assuming for FWD generational loss. The G35 is a 3400 pound car and has 280 at the crank so it's +20-30 hp but also +400 pounds.

Then realize that the G35 is rear wheel drive, so the only reason it gets good acceleration from a start is because it's rear wheel drive, so its weight transfer works out in its favor. And Redline686 said he got a small jump. SO it's very concievable that a G35 would do EXACTLY what he said.

And Project SRT says . . .

·
Registered
16 Posts
0-60 in 6.1 sec is, well slow in my book, but thats besides the point. I did not realize that the G35 was that slow in the 0-60 time frame. Now that you point that out im not as skeptical as i was, but i still feel that the G35 should have pulled on him. The G35 has like what 260 ft-lbs of torque, you guys have about 200 right? Then again the weight 2933 for you guys and like 3512 for the 35 also prolly played a factor. I just think that G35 would have pulled on him a little more, but who knows, iv never raced one.
It doesnt really matter any way, id beat both ya butts, haha. I actually do like yalls cars, they deff have their up's to them, just expect to have your ass handed to ya if you line up beside me. Peace.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
LOL, I'm sorry, my last post sounded supremely asanine anyway, my apologies for that. But yes, torque, hp, you can have as much as you want, if you weigh close to 2 tons, you're not getting up as fast as something that weighs 1 1/2.

On a different topic, I love making sexual innuendos to girls on instant messengers who DON'T get it. It's glorious.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not a prob. With the info you gave me on the G35, i might have to go crusin lookin for some 35's that think their 280 or so hp cars are untouchable, hah wait til they get a load of me. I still have never come across any RedLines in my area, deff would like to line up against one. Tired of eating these wack ass rice buckets. Thats all i got in my area, rice-buckets(ugly mutherfuckers). Ima go ahead and completley retract my previous stament and say "good kill". Peace

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tight

Yah thats fine man. I was expecting to lose against him. I actually knew the kid. I saw the same G35 at my school so i asked him about it. He was a little embarrssed but he said I had a cool car. You could probably walk a G35, just cuz I know that pretty much every Srt-4 has at least some mod to it. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
272 Posts
those g35s are not just fast cars but beautiful cars..i love them!..i raced my friends slightly modified triptronic shifter g35 a couple months ago...took him by 1/4 car and 1/2 car...GOOD race...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm going to step in hear and give a nice big "OH DAG!" I wonder how many of my import friends are gonna call bullshit on this story the same way ProjectSRT did and then how few of them are gonna turn around the same way he did. I doubt very many of them will.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes.

I love G35s too. A black one with that stock spoiler looks like the batmobile. And the distinct sound of the VQ engine i think its called. I like em alot.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hm.

Yah, a lot are going to call bullshit just cuz of the hp numbers but w/e. If you race one you'll see, they ain't what they are cracked up to be. Even tho they drop dead gorgeus.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
They are certainly gorgeous. Those VQ35's are pretty mean; in the Z-car they rip it up, but they're lugging around less weight than a G35 and have 2 fewer seats. My buddy Dennis was actually going to BUY a G35 coupe but decided he'd rather have a LIFE.

tasty

·
Registered
703 Posts
I actually ran with a G35 one night and was able to maintain. It suprised me too. I expected to lose, especially coming up behind him and seeing some shiny chrome aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ProjectSRT said:
Yea im deffintly calling BULLSHIT, unless youre heavily modded. That car has 280 hp(coupe). Yea so there is no way in hell you beat a G35, unless there is somthing you arent tellin me. Stock for stock that car will eat your car alive. So im saying NO you did not beat a G35!!
The 2005 G35 have 280Hp earlier models are somewhere around 240Bhp

1 - 16 of 16 Posts