Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my RL about a month ago. I could not find any paperwork witht the RL or anyone knew. What octane does the RL require? I've been putting in 89 just incase but i'd rather know the real requirements. thanx

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
JuGgInRoCk said:
I just picked up my RL about a month ago. I could not find any paperwork witht the RL or anyone knew. What octane does the RL require? I've been putting in 89 just incase but i'd rather know the real requirements. thanx
The manaul says it can run 89 but it strongly recommends 91+. I only use 91. That extra savings of $.10 isnt worth the loss in performance.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
91+ ........

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O, ok....i guess i didn't read as much of the manual as i thought...but thanx for the info. i appreicate it

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
agreed, put in the best you have in your area. i only use 93 and won't fill up if it's only 92.

the cost difference is negligible, and it's recommended for best performance by GM for a reason

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Vita said:
agreed, put in the best you have in your area. i only use 93 and won't fill up if it's only 92.

the cost difference is negligible, and it's recommended for best performance by GM for a reason
Where do you live man? That sucks that you get 93 octane and I can only top out with 91!

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
yeah i wish i had 93 here the only way we can get up to 93 is with a bunch of octane booster. :(

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
93 here in MD, 2 days ago paid $2.17 per gallon.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live right outside of Philly...and pump 93 at 2.30 and that's the cheapest i saw....it sux for gas. I remember when i was 16 the gas was a friggen dollar. And i wasn't driving at the point yet.....what a bitch

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well I can get 91 octane for like lets see, if 87 is 93.7/L than 89 is 99.7/L so the 91 octane gas is something like 104.7/L (so if any of you want to change liters to gallons go ahead and figure it out as honestly I don't know the convertion numbers, I do for miles to meters but liters and gallons..sorry sp00ner)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
XeroState said:
Well I can get 91 octane for like lets see, if 87 is 93.7/L than 89 is 99.7/L so the 91 octane gas is something like 104.7/L (so if any of you want to change liters to gallons go ahead and figure it out as honestly I don't know the convertion numbers, I do for miles to meters but liters and gallons..sorry sp00ner)
AhHA! Mister smart Canadian man! 3.75L = 1 gallon MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's on milk gallons! :D

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Haha, sorry, we don't sell 3.75L jugs of milk here, there 4L (well 4L jug with about 3.89L of milk..yes we measured 10 different jugs in high school...lol). And I'll have you know I am very smart, its just that we are not taught about the imperial system AT ALL (even though everything is weighed in lbs here when we should use kg..stupid grocery stores..lol) so I have to learn the conversions from a calculator were I just play with numbers and find out a pattern...lol, I got bored at school as it was to easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts