Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what kind of gas mileage you RL guys are experiencing. I know most of you are probably still breaking it in. But if you could post some numbers I'd appreciate it. Also, what size tank do the RL's have? Happy boosting! :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm getting around 22~23 in city driving. That's spirited driving. No burnouts or launches, but a rev or two and maybe a hard accelerate a day. Also, I'm running 92 Octane.

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
25-27MPG, mostly highway.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
19-23 City/Highway driving, 11,000 miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chrome said:
I'm getting around 22~23 in city driving. That's spirited driving. No burnouts or launches, but a rev or two and maybe a hard accelerate a day. Also, I'm running 92 Octane.

Later,
Chrome...
22-23 in "city" driving? City driving isn't possible for you--you're in west virginia. I define city as quarter mile in between stoplights for a miles in every direction.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The lowest I've gotten is about 22 mpg and the most is 28 mpg, I do a combination of around town and highway driving.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well I get about 400km to a tank (50L)..so 8KM/L..I am way to lazy and tired to convert that into MPG so if you want you can figure it out...but I'll tell you this...that is ALL city driving, lights are less than a km apart, and with heavy accel and the such.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
The tank is 13.5 gallons everyone....and I can usually squeeze a little over 300 miles to it with my driving schedule now. It consists of about 2/3's highway, and 1/3's street. I go 20 miles one way in traffic to work, 20 miles back in the middle of the night with no traffic, for 5 days a week. Then the rest of the 100 miles is usually done on the street.

On average, I have consistently got 25mpg, +/- 1 mpg, doing some spirited driving. In the winter months, I was getting 20-22 mpg, but that was ALL city around town 35mph bullcrap...

·
Registered
146 Posts
dickjones said:
22-23 in "city" driving? City driving isn't possible for you--you're in west virginia. I define city as quarter mile in between stoplights for a miles in every direction.

Funny HA HA, guess you've only seen parts of West Virginia. Where I live, there are stop lights closer than a quarter mile together.

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
365 Posts
jpapa said:
The tank is 13.5 gallons everyone....and I can usually squeeze a little over 300 miles to it with my driving schedule now. It consists of about 2/3's highway, and 1/3's street. I go 20 miles one way in traffic to work, 20 miles back in the middle of the night with no traffic, for 5 days a week. Then the rest of the 100 miles is usually done on the street.

On average, I have consistently got 25mpg, +/- 1 mpg, doing some spirited driving. In the winter months, I was getting 20-22 mpg, but that was ALL city around town 35mph bullcrap...

This is somwhat off subject, but i picked up my '05 a month ago for the summer. How do the RL's handle in snow? Like an inch or 2. I'm from Philly, so i get hit a couple times a year with some white stuff

·
Registered
556 Posts
XeroState said:
... I get about 400km to a tank (50L)..so 8KM/L..I am way to lazy and tired to convert that into MPG so if you want you can figure it out....
Please! Our whole country was too lazy back in the 70's to convert to what the rest of the world uses - the more efficient and accurate metric system.

All we accomplished was the 2 liter bottle of Coke.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
XeroState said:
Well I get about 400km to a tank (50L)..so 8KM/L..I am way to lazy and tired to convert that into MPG so if you want you can figure it out...but I'll tell you this...that is ALL city driving, lights are less than a km apart, and with heavy accel and the such.
Damn you and your METRIC!!!!

On a related note, you must have loved the torque brace millimeter measurements... jerk! ;)

I get around 20-22 mpg, I can never drive nice. Even when I'm trying to I still hammer it alot. I keep adding little trinkets to the car which make me what to drive it fast for 'testing' purposes.

Oh yea, and City Driving, has nothing to do with being in a city. It's basically ANY kind of stop and go traffic. REAL cities don't have a 1/4 mile between the blocks anyway! Hell, we have 1/8 miles for alot of ours, depending on how you measure.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Oh Sp00ner I know how much you love converting. Its not my fault the US is like 30 years behind the world in the units they use...lol. So what if you guys only use a pop bottle in metric, we still use lbs instead of grams and kilograms and crap, thats to much of a hassle. Both systems have ups and downs, granted the metric has many ups and like 1 down and imperial is the opposite....lol (I love making fun of the imperial system...lol)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have got 2 tanks at almost 26mpg but all before were in the 21-23 range. I track each tank of gas as well. Also I have never been able to get more then 11 gallons in the tank. I havent seen the fuel light yet either and I hope I never do.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Goofy trust me, you don't want to see, well hear that damn fuel warning. Its the loudest most annoying chime in the world (I guess its a good thing in a way). Mine came on with 7 liters left in the tank which is about 56km (I get about 8km/l).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts