Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just got picked up my 07 Redline a few days ago. 126k km (~78,000 m) on it and basically no rust on anything but the control arms which is a miracle for up north.

Anyways I am looking for if there is a way to adjust how much the gas pedal/throttle effects he car, preferably in neutral going into first. I am finding it incredibly difficult to get it to sit at that perfect 1500 - 2000 rpm to get started moving into first gear. I'm used to GMs for lack of a better word, excitable, pedals in some other vehicles but this just seems insane comparatively. Even the slightest movement forwards or back cause the tac to either jump well above or drop below that where it drops out and stalls or jerks forward way too hard. Yes practice over time will help but it just feels like its too much for what it is.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
Welcome to the group!

Honestly, I've been tinkering with these cars a long time. And I think this is the first time I've seen the question asked.
I don't have an answer for you, other than maybe looking at a tune log and seeing what can be done with the fuel/throttle response.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
what has been done to the car?
this is an impressive machine - i started to learn about cars only from the ion redline
one should check the basics -octane, mobile 1 ,throttle body injectors etc.
perhaps everthing is working to specifications - highly unlikely but possible.

interesting - -sit at that perfect 1500 - 2000 rpm-i probably do this but is from experience

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is no mechanical adjustment of any kind. Are you new to manual trans? Not trying to insult- these cars have so much torque and first gear is so tall+it's the perfect car to learn stick. I can let out clutch without touching accelerator and car moves out. 1,500 - 2,000 RPM suggests clutch is slipping if you have to rev it that high, but you did mention it jerks so I assume clutch is grabbing. Maybe it's just technique you have to get used to?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts