Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup all i would like to get that gas strut that the SS has that opens hood! will it be able to directly bolt on?????????? in my opinion that is a great touch to a car i hate having to use that damn pole ;) have any of you looked into this already? im also going to buy that supercharger thing for engine bay make her look a lil more aggresive and complete :D

how much do you think it would cost :)

l8r!

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
cvenom2122 said:
...im also going to buy that supercharger thing for engine bay make her look a lil more aggresive and complete...
Dude, you already have a supercharger. :rolleyes:

j/p you mean the cover?

If so, Goofyguy got that like the 2nd week he had the car. Ask him for his.

·
Registered
355 Posts
No i believe he is looking for the hood struts that hold the hood open. I did this mod on my old Jetta. I used some rear sturts off a mazda. Not sure if they would fit or not. I will have to find out because I want to do this to mine as well.

·
Registered
943 Posts
yeah, I have thought about it also. IUs everyoen elses prop rod feel like it is loose where connected to the car?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kirtsky yea i have a loose prop rod too the SS has the strut it is connected to that fuse box on right side i was wondering if it was possible to convert that to the redline :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
did the '04 not come with the "supercharged" fuel rail cover?

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Alright I'm confused all to hell. I understand the gas shock deal, but if the "supercharger thing for engine bay" isn't the "plastic thing that say ecotec supercharged" then what is it?!

AAAAAAAH!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
yrethguad said:
Alright I'm confused all to hell. I understand the gas shock deal, but if the "supercharger thing for engine bay" isn't the "plastic thing that say ecotec supercharged" then what is it?!
"supercharger thing for engine bay" ="plastic thing that say ecotec supercharged"

That's what he's looking for besides the gas strut deal.

Josh

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Raven said:
did the '04 not come with the "supercharged" fuel rail cover?

No they did not, 05's only. You can buy them from the Parts Dept though and they aren't that expensive.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when i get my car back ill ask saturn. the cobalt SS one looks easy compared th that sites, its held on by 3 bolts from a quick glance ill take pics (my bro has SS ;) )

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
1 - 20 of 125 Posts