Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else besides me have an issue when trying to refuel, the "full tank" safety shut- off apparatus shuts off the gas every 5 seconds even though the tank is not full and no matter what angle ya hold it at? What's up with that? Just mine? Frustrating as all hell

·
Super Moderator
1,499 Posts
Did you try it upside down?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Keep all the fittings and orifice and make sure no spiders got in there and nested. That happens from time to time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, didn't try anything upside-down. I couldn't imagine....do you lay on top of the car on your belly or back? Know I can't do crap standing on my hands.

·
Super Moderator
1,499 Posts
I meant the gas nozzle. Lmao

·
Super Moderator
1,499 Posts
🤣 I should have explained that better

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check your car's fuel evaporative system. These can be quite complex on some vehicles... with multiple hoses and gizmos going to / from the fuel tank. Best to use a factory service manual and follow the testing/troubleshooting instructions. Or take it to a dealer if you don't know how to do the above.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was getting an evap code and hard starts after gassing up. Went a bought a duralast solenoid at AutoZone. It didn't fix the problem. I disconnected the vapor line at the cannister and blew compressed air through the system. Blew out the seal on the duralast solenoid. Found a guy on eBay selling new ac delco solenoids and bought one from him. That fixed it. If youre going to blow air through the lines, disconnect the purge solenoid first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts