Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I didn't see this anywhere so I'm going to ask. I was wondering how the gauges light up? LIke is there a few amber color bulbs that make them light up that orangeish color? What I wanna do is some how get my gauges to glow blue to match my car :) Anyone have any ideas or looked into this yet?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine seem brownish/yellowish the whole time there never like white. Still in anycase does anyone know for sure if its the bulb or if its the actual gauge face or if its the bulb? Has anyone even takin the thing off where the gauges are to look or no? If they are white then that would pretty much say that its the bulb. I really wanna look into this if I have to I'll do the looking for everyone unless this is already checked into.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hmm

I want to change mine to blue. Lets see what I can find. How to take it apart to get to them is the question. Be back, going to check right now!!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ok there are 4 light for the dash light here are the link to the pictures. there easy to get to. The other 2 are turn signals take about 2 mins to take it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
so what do u got to they look like something that could be replaced and made a different color

·
Registered
786 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:
Ok there are 4 light for the dash light here are the link to the pictures. there easy to get to. The other 2 are turn signals take about 2 mins to take it out.
:eek: What in the world would make you take your dash apart?

I guess it must be that easy or you got a lot of time on your hands. :cool:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really don't get what I am seeing. I see one picture and I'm not sure what that is you mention bulbs and I don't see any :( sorry maybe I'm tired possible to get MORE pics, also how did you take it off I might wanna attempt this tomorrow

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
behind the screws, it does not actually show the blubs but i am assuming they are behind those screws

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i think i am gonna take mine out today and see if i can go to autozone and get some new blue bulbs or just make the current ones blue

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have not taken out the dash to find out specificly what bulbs are in there but take a look at THIS site. Page down to dash lights all the way at the bottom. I am not sure if these will fit but it might be worth a look.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
that seems like they might work i was unable to get the dash apart did not really try that hard, didnt have alot of time

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lets find out!!! I want blue gauges! I might take the top dash piece out today, how did you do it?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Bulbs I think there 509T but dont quote me on this. There the closest thing that I can find to them. The dash is really easy to take apart belive me in like 2 mins I figured it out and had it laying on my computer desk.

1st removed the silver cover that covers the radio and ac controls

2nd there is one bolt above the radio that hold the cover on for the gauges.
you have to look above the radio and up.

3rd pop the cover off

If you want blue gauges pretty cheap with out having to replace the bulbs go to your Honda dealer like I did and get the blue covers cost me about 8 bucks. yes the Honda dealer. The older Hondas have blue lights.....

4th you have 3 bolts and one connector in the back.
very easy

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine are blue

I put blue LED's in mine...it makes a big difference! On ebay, they are less than 20 bucks, and 10 minutes to install.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
estuber said:
I put blue LED's in mine...it makes a big difference! On ebay, they are less than 20 bucks, and 10 minutes to install.
LOL. (this thread is from 3 years ago). where do u guys find these threads!?!? :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts