Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is willing to mold me a gauge pod for the A Pillar please PM me. I don't have the time to do so myself. Will pay for parts / labor (obviously)

·
Registered
134 Posts
after i pick mine up this comming saturday, i will attempt to do so. Does anyone know what others have used? I had to make my own for my show car out of one from a old fox body style mustang pod, i had to trim, heat, trim heat, and then trim it and heat it some more. Find out what pod we need and send it my way. My cars don't stay stock for long. Hit me up on pm or email me , [email protected] Later Jay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ill mold what ever you need out of fiber glass or carbon fiber and paint it what ever color you want. I also do sub boxes and custom body kits.

·
Registered
808 Posts
you might wait for the gauge pod coming on the 05 redline, its on the upper part of the steering column housing, it looks decent

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm also looking for the same thing :), SilverBullet maybe we can split the shipping cost and get them done same time?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
John said:
you might wait for the gauge pod coming on the 05 redline, its on the upper part of the steering column housing, it looks decent
Are you kidding? You are one of the few people who doesn't think that Saturn screwed that placement up. You really don't think an a-pillar pod would look better?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
get the autometer pod for the 1 gen talon/elcipse it works great just a little molding required if you want to see a pic or it check out my car domain site, i would do it for u silverbullet but i dont have a heat gun here and the guy who did mine said he would need my car in again to do it and that is kinda hard being 800 miles from home and his shop

·
Registered
808 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
Are you kidding? You are one of the few people who doesn't think that Saturn screwed that placement up. You really don't think an a-pillar pod would look better?
Ive already installed a boost gauge in my o4 and thats where i put it on top of the column, it looks good there but i put it there more to be able to see it while looking straight ahead,

·
Registered
762 Posts
I honestly can't STAND that placement heh I would much rather have the A-Pillar

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
someone should just make 10-20 of these, i'd buy one

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree Vita. I would love to mold my own... but I honestly don't have the time. Maybe someone should contact a company and we could put together a buy-in??? Anyone live near a place that could do this?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'll speak with my friend who runs a DSM shop, I beleive he has a heat gun and time willing would do it, or I would do it at his shop as an employee :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
487 Posts
well I have access to a heat gun

now i just to make sure I have an a-pillar to test on

and here is other issue, a friend of mine is pretty kickass with fiberglass, so I could have him fiberglass some made off a mold, based on the 1g DSM pillar that navymitch(I think it was him) used...........

or I buy ALOT of DSM ones, and make a fake apillar to mold them all onto

The difference is, I think fiberglasing would be overall cheaper, and easier to mass produce, but the first one would take longer

and buying alot of DSM ones and modifying them will cost more b/c I have to buy them off someone else, who makes a profit right there, jacking up my price,

So its more initial labor and cost over longrun more labor and proably more cost.

I also do not know how well the fiberglass will paint.

·
Registered
487 Posts
its looking like just to get a pod to mess with it will be 35-40ish bucks after shipping and the only colors are black and CF

so who all would be interested in this?

·
Registered
134 Posts
someone might want to contack lo-tek or lotek they do custom pods for group buys from car forums. I would, but now i am unsure if i am getting a RL :(

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sure you could easily sell 15 - 20 pods no problem. I'd be interested. I would only need a 2 pod... but if I had to go with 3 I'm sure I could find something to put in the 3rd =). Let me know if you can make em. I will buy!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I want a triple pod pillar. Boost/oil temp/AirFuel

·
Registered
762 Posts
dL_RL said:
I want a triple pod pillar. Boost/oil temp/AirFuel
I'm all about getting 2 but if it is three I agree with him :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts