Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I post this in the correct forum.

Anyhow, I am original owner of 150,000mile redline.
I was needing some good info regarding bleeding the brake and clutch system. Any links available or perhaps a service manual ?
Also, was seeing that the supercharge benefits from a lube change. Any info on that as well ?
Thank you for your time.

· Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Clutch is integrated in the brake system.
Honestly, if you're just doing a fluid exchange, siphon the reservoir, add new clean fluid, and bleed the brakes as usual. I wouldn't worry about the clutch until you're replacing it.
Zzp sells a kit to do the fluid in the blower. Or you can get the part number and try your local gm dealer. Same concept. Siphon it out, and in with new. Just a warning, it smells like rancid road kill

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick response goaliemo.
I first tried to siphon the oil out of the blower but I guess the tube I was using was a bit too large, couldn't get it to turn down as I tried to push into the cavity from the access hole. I am going to try a smaller tube next.
I ordered a new intercooler pump from ZZP since mine had died, got the ZZP high flow model.
I also ordered a boost gauge from AutoMeter. My car never had one and always wanted one.
BTW- was curious, is there an estimate as to how many redlines are still on the road ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts