Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Cobalt SS Forums is repoting that the Cobalt SS will be hitting the streets in the not so distant future.

A direct link to the thread is here: http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162

So... for all you Red Line owners out there, make sure your on the lookout for some competition!

If you are interested in the Chevy Cobalt SS -- Make sure you stop in and sign up and say hi!

·
Registered
44 Posts
i know I'm stepping on a late quote but the ss cobalt has the same exact powertrane as the redline ion. Matter of fact the 06 redline is comeing out this fall with an upgraded faster version of the 2.0L and will not be release for an aditional year for the cobalt.

·
Registered
617 Posts
where did you get this info from..?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hey guys, I have been seeing Colbolt SS out here for a few weeks now. But the again I do live in Detroit and we always see them before everyone else. Damn they are fast. Sharp looking too.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
there's a tremendous tuner-crowd around my area and I have yet to see a Cobalt SS. Maybe I just go out at the wrong times but I would still love to see one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i test drove the first one in delaware last week, i loved the interior, but i like the exterior of the redline better so im sitll debating on buying a redline or a cobalt......

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
97cavy22 said:
i test drove the first one in delaware last week, i loved the interior, but i like the exterior of the redline better so im sitll debating on buying a redline or a cobalt......
i already made mydecision, REDLINE all the way baby!!!!

i always had an eye for em but once i sat in it, it was over, it has to be mine and i can garauntee you i will have one within the next couple of months. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
well i have been wating for that car to come and play with me.
theres the srt4 but almost every one that i know at the street racesthat drives one say its stock but i raced a all stock one and we were side by side
so im not impresed with LYERS who say thay have a stock car and its not .
but theres not an import that i have raced that i have not beated good luck for the ss.and the ss is such an eugly car only my opinyon!!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
so is the cobalt EXACTLY the same as the redline performance wise??? I read a while ago that the gearing and stuff was different, making it faster....is this true or bs?? i like both cars and im having a tough time deciding on which one to get

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
97cavy22 said:
so is the cobalt EXACTLY the same as the redline performance wise??? I read a while ago that the gearing and stuff was different, making it faster....is this true or bs?? i like both cars and im having a tough time deciding on which one to get
I dunno, I've read all over (read that non-GM forums) that the Cobalt is just a cavalier with new fenders, so that has to make it slower than a RED Line ION, Right?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
I dunno, I've read all over (read that non-GM forums) that the Cobalt is just a cavalier with new fenders, so that has to make it slower than a RED Line ION, Right?
Actually the Cobalt is just an ION with sheetmetal fenders and minus the Rear Access Doors. The RL and the SS are VERY close in performance
WOT

·
Registered
17 Posts
Whats up guys! I test drove a Cobalt SS & I wasen't blown away by it. I actually love the way my R/L feels compare to it. I even went w/ a friend who has a SRT-4 & he doesn't see the hype about it, he likes the R/L better also. I guess to each his own!?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My redline

I actually bought this car without planning on it, but after the test drive and all that I read about it, I had to have it. Let me tell you I smoked a Camaro SS yesterday without even getting near the redline, this car is quick, powerful, and maneuvers better than any I've been in. Other than maybe a modded supra I really don't know what could beat it. Also did you see that GM got 1,000 hp out of that 2.0L engine??

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
vabeachredline said:
I actually bought this car without planning on it, but after the test drive and all that I read about it, I had to have it. Let me tell you I smoked a Camaro SS yesterday without even getting near the redline, this car is quick, powerful, and maneuvers better than any I've been in. Other than maybe a modded supra I really don't know what could beat it. Also did you see that GM got 1,000 hp out of that 2.0L engine??
actually nothing without a jet engine strapped to it can hang with our cars.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
clownhair said:
actually nothing without a jet engine strapped to it can hang with our cars.
Yea, no shit.... smoked the batmobile today...... :rolleyes:

Mark

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Dupe post.... sorry

Mark

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
man, just think, some poor sob was beat to shit by the joker all because you had to **** around with batman...

dam...

thats just...

Rotton..

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good day to all,

Just came across this thread and thought I should mention that I was bored one day and spent the time to figure out the exact differences between the 2 cars.

Please feel free to shed some light on anything I may have missed...

To be completly honest with all you folks, I think the RL looks way fucken better and alot more meaner but on the flip side us RedLine owners did get screwed in the ass as far as what options are avaiable and standard with the SS and not to mention the car is $2,000 cheaper thus far.

Oh well...

And to the individual that started this thread... I should mention that we are family, not competition!

Regards to all my fellow RL & SS owners, :cool:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts