Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this forum, a lot of good info here.
Yesterday, I just went to a used car seller and found a nice ion redline 2005.
The body looks pretty clean only a bit of rust on the inside of the doors.

The thing that bothered me more is that the car has 127k miles.
I would say it stills run pretty nice.
The seller is offering a 6 month warranty on it.
I will probably get it inspected before buying.

Here are my questions :
How reliable does these car get with lots of miles on them?
What do you think of the inspection?
What octane should be used in this car?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
These cars will go on forever if it was well maintained. The 2 most common things that you will need to replace is the timing chain tensioner and the intercooler pump. Both are relatively inexpensive parts and you can install both of them yourself in less than a 1/2 hour.

What do you mean by inspection? Will it pass? A few members have had issues with the catalytic converter, but GM will replace them under warranty.

93 octane is a must.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like it was well maintained.
For the inspection, I was asking if you think Ì should get it checked by a garage where I usually go.

Thank you

·
Registered
758 Posts
also check the classifieds section of this forum there are a couple of ppl that are selling theres and have already done some mods to there car.
Welcome to the forums
good luck

·
Registered
721 Posts
Pics of the car or color and location? i wonder what happened to my 05

·
Registered
18 Posts
If i had a code reader on me at the time i bought mine, i probably would not have had my Redline. Also if your in California, make sure its not stage 2, another mistake on my part. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
858 Posts
Run 91 or higher octane. And the dealer will only replace the cat if the car has less than 110k miles on it. Like everyone is saying they are good cars. Mine has 122k on it and has been great except few minor things. Rear brake calipers suck, seats stain really easy even with water, flex pipe can break easy if you don't maintain your motor mounts, also on the intercooler pump the wires are reversed on all 2004 and some 2005 models. The acceleration is really fun. Takes corners good. I love my redline and will keep her a while. The +s definitely are worth the -s. Welcome to the forum. Some great info people here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts