Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i cut the local dealer out of the picture. and im getting one for 3k cheaper plus the 0% 72m financing, plus im getting extra options. only down fall is its from a dealer 400km away, but since im making a trip there in 10days, its a win win situation. now the local saturn guys can service a car they never sold to me becuase they decided they wanted to be greedy.

the only part thats gonna be hard is the trip home and not opening it up.... much :)

once its back home, ill take it to saturn here for all the tsb's and recalls, im sure that will make their day a good one.

i just reallly hope this car turns out to be reliable, since it has to last me for the next 10 yrs

morph

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i dont believe they offer 0% for 72 months. its 2.9% i just bought one and you can check the saturn web site also. watch for some dealers telling you one thing then when you get there the story changes. this happend to my mom buying a grand am. she drove from ny (upstate) to nj casue of the "special offers" and when we got there they said i dont know what you are talking about?? so just make sure to get it all in writing. also be carefull about the financing. some i know have bought one at a so-called 0% because they were "qualified" on the spot. well gmac gave them a call soon after telling the, of thier new interest rates!!!! yes this is true!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i should specify, this is on the 2004's left sitting on the lot, in my provice the cars dont seem to be selling as well, it is a 0% 72m saturn financing to try to move the cars off the lots and into peoples driveways
edit: and my old man is co-signing the financing, and his credit rating is practically spotless

·
Registered
451 Posts
Cool!

Congratulations, and welcome to the family! I did the same, and picked up a 2004 2 months ago. I think that you'll be really pleased with your decision.
I'm paying under four hundred a month (6 year 0% financing= about $29,000 [CAD][after our 15% tax], Side Airbags, GM discount).

I called a number of dealerships to compare prices and options, even going so far as to put together a spreadsheet (me=geek) in an attempt to "encourage" some competition for my business (looks like you did the same).

In the end I had a really good dealer experience:
Free winter tires, free car washes, free tinting, free license plates, customer clinics, wonderfully knowledgable, enthusiastic and friendly sales and service people that chat with me every time I visit, e-mails and letters to see how I'm doing, thoughtful cards for family occasions, free gourmet coffee and tea, a giant, beautiful gift basket of edible goodies, and cute baby clothes and toys, a willingness to negotiate to give the customer (me) the best deal possible with all available incentives (and then some)... What's not to like?

As for it being a 2004, I wouldn't sweat it. As far as I know, the differences between MY2004, MY2005, & MY2006 are primarily vehicle options (Shift Lights, Limited Slip Differential, Aero Wing, etc.)

Again, Welcome to the fold! :D Just be careful about your sore neck and back when break in the new clutch; the recaros will hold you pretty tight, but it's still "neck-snapping" acceleration! ;) Have a Great Weekend! :cool:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Thats how i got mine 0% for 72 months,

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Hey! Good purchase, it's a fun ride!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually icon, the local dealership in town refused to move on the price, they tried to tell me at 28k before taxes etc, that is was cost, and anything lower they would be loosing money.... riiiiight
ended up phoning a dealer in langley bc, and they had 4 left as well, but with more options, and i would be paying less. was a very easy decision to make
yeah it wont be for another 10 days till i get it, so by then things in my back and neck should hopefully start to work things out. and im confident in the recaro's releaving some pain ;)
funny thing is, the local dealership let me take one of theirs out for an hr long test drive (unheard of here) and let me open it up all i wanted.

and i probably will have the tsb and recalls done before i pick it up. i just kinda wanted something to rub in the local dealers face hehehe :p

the local one they were trying to gouge me on came with the 6disc, and sunroof
the one im now getting comes with premium audio, side curtan, sunroof, and i think the 6disc as well (even if it doesent i have my alpine head unit)

theres only one problem now, the 10 day wait im forced to wait semi-patiently for lol

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
WOW! 28k? Is that american? Where you from?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
was that a comp package though?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
canadian $'s ;)
im gonna get this one for at most 26.7k gonna phone her back today and before i put a deposit down try to get it a nice round 26 and wave that stupid documentation fee

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Sorry, missed the province comment. How about DC? Puerto Rico? Virgin Islands? Provincetown! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Nice grab. Must be an 05. Have fun modding it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
congrats!

Actually, there's a good chance that the Dealership is losing money. That's what the finance person at my dealership told me when I signed for the car. I know someone from GMAC (financing), who informed that most dealerships actually "rent" the vehicles that are on the lot from GMAC. This means that vehicles that don't move cost the dealership every month that they aren't sold. Therefore, you could look at it as doing them a favour, by giving them the opportunity to decrease their future payments through taking a loss in the present.

Regardless, you got a fabulous deal; I remember the heady days of new car ownership like they they were 2 months ago... ;)

Oh, and if you're new to manual I highly recommend reading JMichna's tips on driving stick; it's completely changed the way I've been shifting (my first manual transmission vehicle)...

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32315#post32315
In any case, be nice to your dealer, and I'm sure they'll repay the kindness. Also, letting people know how much you love your new car doesn't hurt either! :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey morpheus256,
There is a Saturn dealer in Burnaby that has a Silver 2004 for $24,400 on the lot. Not sure on the options I'll head over and have a look if you want..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
24.4 with the 72m 0%? wow, yeah id be very curious on the options it has since thats another 2k less then what im paying now, although if its one that the mangers driviven and everyones test driven i probably wouldnt bother with it at all.
and yeah every vech ive driven has been a standard (93 S10 with a long throw shifter, 87 mustang, 03 ranger, all 5spds) when i get in an auto, i have a hard time driving lol

and although these guys are 400km away, they've been great to me over the phone, i know now i wont ever buy another new vech locally again, kelowna is a town full of scam artists

·
Registered
425 Posts
2004 Rl

Hey morpheus256,
I went to the dealer and had a look (they are closed on a Sunday) the car is a Silver 2004, looks like a full load with the small spoiler. $24440 is the sticker price. I know this dealer is closing down soon so they may want to do a deal to get it off the lot give them a call :- Morrey Saturn 4451 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby 604-294-1831. The salesman that sold me mine was Bill.
Hope this helps you get a better deal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts