Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope it's everything you guys have been making it out to be.

A smoother powerband would definitely be nice.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You will notice the smoother powerband. When I heard everyone talking about it on here I was skeptical until I experienced it myself.

·
Registered
355 Posts
JPK said:

It's so awesome!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
JPK said:

I thought so too until today when it started doing the jerkiness, dying, and black smoke out the exhaust oh yeah and backfire that made three people duck in their cars. I explained more in the thread "My Redline broke down again". For the most part I hope it works for ya.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nbuddle1974 said:
I thought so too until today when it started doing the jerkiness, dying, and black smoke out the exhaust oh yeah and backfire that made three people duck in their cars. I explained more in the thread "My Redline broke down again". For the most part I hope it works for ya.
:rolleyes:

Which one did you get? There is a new one that just came out. That's the one I'm getting.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow!

It made the power curve feel VERY consistent. No spike at 4 grand anymore just pulls hard all the way through.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad to hear that JPK. I was in the dealership on Saturday having my radio replaced and the service manager told me there was a recall on my car... the position sensor one and would also include the ecu update. I am dropping the car off tomorrow to have this done. cant wait to get it back and see the difference.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm...they didn't mention anything to me about a recall. :confused:

This upgrade is pretty nice. The car pulls consistently all the way through and it seems easier to get a good launch (or maybe I'm just getting better at driving it) :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, she's there now getting this stuff done. They said it isnt really a recall, but more of something they are doing since there is a TSB out for it. Who knows....

Anyway, I will pick the car up around 7pm tonight, will let ya know what I think.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Just got mine done and I have to say its 100% better in the low gears and the car runs so smooth now its not even funny. you guys need this done right away. As well as long as my car was in there they did the cam sensor and the cam gasket for preventive.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just took mine in yesterday for the new PCM flash. never got the first one done, they went straight for the 2nd. Big noticble difference just driving normally, and a huge difference if you wanna really get on it. I have to learn how to drive again.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My car is going in to the dealer tomorrow for some other odds and ends that they failed to fix the first time I had it there. What exactly should I ask for when I take it in, I want this update? Also, what are the symtoms that the car should have that would require them to do this update?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I dont know the new TSB# cause they just automatically gave me the new update. I can't seem to find it anywhere. They did tell me to call them in a couple weeks as they have to repace the cam position sensor housing gasket because there has been a problem with them leaking. They didnt have the new style gasket there yesterday. be sure to ask them about that when you go in there. I guess the memo just came into them while they were working on my car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My dealer doesn't have the updated software yet, which really sucks. I know they aren't pulling my chain either because I know all the techs there. I just chill in the service bays with them when they work on my car. Sometimes the service advisor come out and give me strange looks, lol...

Tom

·
Registered
524 Posts
AZKMK said:
Tom is that Tempe your talking about? Do they have the software yet?

-Keith-
Yes Keith, that was Saturn of Tempe. No they do not have the software yet. I will let you know when my friends call me and let me know when it is in...

Tom

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts