Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
lol Damn man, you're gettin more use out of my picture than I am at this point.

Btw, can you copyright a picture that's not totally yours to begin with? :p

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Katiemarie said:
lol Damn man, you're gettin more use out of my picture than I am at this point.

Btw, can you copyright a picture that's not totally yours to begin with? :p
If you seriously object, I'll remove the pic from my post. I just feel that the garbage in the background takes away from the subject. Photography 101.

Garbage might have been harsh, but the busy back ground distracts from the flowing lines of the car, and my point was to bring a focal point the car and a flame job, not the underside of a bridge. Whatever.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Just claiming my mods. For pure copy right protection of intellectual property that is thrust into the public domain, watermarking with date and ID is essential. Anything that I care about that I do is watermarked when posted on the Internet.

If you seriously object, I'll remove the pic from my post. I just feel that the garbage in the background takes away from the subject. Photography 101.
Well, that's a nice way of saying that you don't think I care about my work, thank you so much for that.

Also, thank you for being so nicely condescending. I really appreciate it. Do you want me to start critiquing your photos? Because they're not exactly perfect either. In fact, if you believe you're that much of a better photographer than me, why don't you use your own pictures, instead of wasting your time with mine, which are apparently not up to your standards?

To be honest, all that bothered me before was that you didn't make any attempt at stating that you didn't take that picture, but now, since you've decided to be an ass about this, I do object, and ask that you not use my pics for anything anymore. Including your sig.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Katiemarie,
No problem, the only pics I have of mine are in the leaves when I first got it as it has been snowy up here since just after that. If I had clean non snow shots of mine on hard pavement, believe me I would never have used yours. I will adjust all posts and sig.

I never stated that I thought you didn't care about your work. I don't bother with pics from the 'Net that the owner has watermarked, the fact that you do not watermark yours led me to believe that you were the type that didn't get your underwear all wadded up when someone uses the image, I stand corrected. For this I appologize, I have learned something, and maybe you have also... watermark your images if you want credit and or creative control over them.

PS
Go to Walgreens and secure a box of Midol. ...I'm just sooo good at being an ass :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Since you edited, I'll add this.

I don't mind if people use my pictures. In fact, I'm flattered. I think it's cool that people like my pictures enough to want to use them. (Well most people. Apparently you think my photography is terrible, but use my pictures anyway.) All that I ask is that credit is given where credit is due. It's just a simple courtesy. Photoshop the pictures, do whatever the hell you want, I don't care, but at least have enough respect to say "Original picture by Katie" after it, because that picture is not yours, and you shouldn't give people the impression that it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts