Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

GM took the wraps off their new website at this weekend’s SEMA International Auto Salon in Atlantic City, NJ. The site, www.gmtunersource.com, and the second-generation GM Sport Compact Performance Build Book were announced to lure the tuner crowd to GM’s small car offerings. The Ecotec four-cylinder engine gets the most attention with a host of new accessories, but the site also sells transmission and chassis mods. The Chevrolet Cobalt, Saturn ION, Pontiac Solstice and Saab 9-2x are featured on the site.

Via: Autoblog.com

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just got back from SEMA in Atlantic City and I spoke at length with the GM Performance guys. They're working on several projects with vendors like Air Lift, Progress, K&N, Vogtland, and Quaife to develop GM part number assigned aftermarket parts that will comply with SCCA rules for Street Prepared Solo 2 classes.

They were kind of busy, so I didn't make them give me info by smacking them with a stick, but I got the new GM Performance catalog.

Also, when talking with the Akebuno brake guys, I found out that our cars come with their Pro ACT ceramic pads stock - I guess I can save the $55 I was getting ready to spend at the Tire Rack...

I got pictures of my sons with Tarzan, the Drift King, and Stephen Papadakis, the drag racing champ.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
If they are watching this site, in a way it could be beneficial to us. They can see what problems we are having (ex. Shift knobs coming off) and hopefully work on a fix.

·
Registered
629 Posts
expensive but i work for a gm dealer so i get 20% off. and they dont give you any hp
estimate.is a 2.2 crank pulley the same as a 2.0? and the cams are sopposed to be
interchagable...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I really don't think GM is "watching" our site. They have had plans for cars like the Cobalt, the Ion and Solstaice to have aftermarket parts for years. I first saw my Ion with a bodykit, rims and springs at a GM tuner booth in 2002 and since my dad works for GM, he got the inside scoop about all those parts coming out for the 2004 Ion, which I got in 2003. GM basically saw that their profits could increase my selling the aftermarket parts directly, since they basically let the cavalier slip away, because OTHER manufactures started to create aftermarket parts for the cavalier, which was basically the first GM vehicle to become a tuner car.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
riz906 said:
and the cams are sopposed to be
interchagable...
I got my hands on the GM sport compact build book & from going through it, it does seem that way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
my friend downloaded the gm tuner book on his comp. he gonna try and build a 400hp colbat. so yeah gonna wich him luck and all not to blow his engine lol.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Every time I try to DL it, it just sticks and eventualy fails... very strange...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shift Knob Coming Off

brk_05 said:
If they are watching this site, in a way it could be beneficial to us. They can see what problems we are having (ex. Shift knobs coming off) and hopefully work on a fix.
IVe had the same problem a few times. Who has an answer to the problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My shift know comes off all the time. The dealer has ordered a replacement, so we will see if it can handle the strain this time....lol
Should be on later this week.
Anyone have any sites for replacement knobs?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
just downloaded the handbook. gotta say it's MUCH more detailed than the last one they had out. pretty specific as to what's needed for the 2.2 to become any kind of monster you can afford to make it.

seems we already have a lot of the stuff they use for the 250-400hp category. i love this car more and more by the day...

·
Registered
532 Posts
just downloaded the handbook. gotta say it's MUCH more detailed than the last one they had out. pretty specific as to what's needed for the 2.2 to become any kind of monster you can afford to make it.
Do you have a link to the handbook? Couldn't find it on tuner source, but I don't know if that's where you downloaded it anyways.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i wish they would build the damn page already

·
Registered
532 Posts
What's funny is a few months ago when the site first came online, they listed accessories on the accessories page for all the cars on the site...but now it's "under construction." Very strange.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts