Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far so good with these. Trip to the drags and a hard day on the road course and they're holding up. Bite is good, but possibly a touch less than the Stillen rotors. Fade resistance it top notch with the stock pads, even after 3 laps the brakes were just the slightest bit soft after the hard braking series just before the exit. More importantly, NOT warped... :werd:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hey Spoon do you have a cost on them? My front rotors are looking pretty chewed up and I want to upgrade them just have to decide how big a chunk of cash I am willing to pay :deal:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah1cobra said:
Hey Spoon do you have a cost on them? My front rotors are looking pretty chewed up and I want to upgrade them just have to decide how big a chunk of cash I am willing to pay :deal:
About $100/ea... check the suspension sticky for crate engine's price, and I think GM Parts Direct has them for about $90/ea...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Was waititng on ur review of the GM performance Rotors. Guess I know where my next mod is going to be

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I can second Sp00n-man's review. I've had similar use and same results. Great pedal feel w/ stock pads, and no issues with warping, cracking, or overheating!

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
ill third that then...I didnt go with stock pads (for fear of gouges) i went with Raybestos Pro-Stop Semi-metalic (ceramic-metalic) and I get 1/8th the brake dust I used to get.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The less brake dust the better!! god I hate that stuff! spend 2 hours washing the car and drive 5 miles and the front wheels have a thin coating of dust on them :flame: that really gets me irritated!

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Question, under installation difficulty, is 1 easiest, or is 10 easiest? Its 10 right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
does anyone have a part number for the gm performance rotors, i work at a chevy center and the gm performance catalog as far as i can see doesn't have them in there, may be overlooking it but if i could get a part number it would be alot easier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thats what i was thinkin, i don't work in the chevy center, i work in the import side or else i would've probably knew that. thanks for the info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts