·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM is a bunch of pansy that dont finish what they start

·
Registered
786 Posts
We'll, this is expected for all that additional hp.

But at least we have stage 1 and 2 coming for sure :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
That's understandable though. If stage 3 were to transcend the limits of any drivetrain component, then they'd need to include a stronger version of the drivetrain components that fail during testing. And if nothing fails during testing, and someone has something fail as a direct result of a warrantied upgrade, then they have to issue a recall or eat the cost of however many people bring their car in for the same problem. It has nothing to do with GM being a bunch of pussies, it has more to do with liability and pricing. Would you buy a stage 3 that cost $3500 because it also comes with a stronger transmission, clutch, and CV joints? I don't blame them for not putting out a warrantied upgrade that will cause other parts to fail because they didn't think some stupid kid would launch at 6500rpm and grenade the trannie, or burn out the clutch (technically his fault anyway), or cause a drive axel to spiral fracture from all the power. OE parts should be designed to handle anything the manufacturer puts on from the factory and any non-OE part they approve for sale for a certain vehicle.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Aftermarket stage 3 upgrades will exist in time. Companies will take stage 2 and add to it creating a stage 3 whether they choose to call it that or not. GM want's nothing to do with it because other parts would wear out faster and or need to be replaced as part of stage 3, makes sense. Stage 2 with other basic mods (intake, header, exhaust, cams) should have us close to 300 HP. Without the LSD or traction enhancing mods, more than that is just trouble. Stage 2 covers power wise what the common tuner would need for his street car. The GM build book shows serious tuners what to do. Drop the super, add a turbo and other goodies, 400+, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
stage 3 was nitrous right? if so I honestly never fully expected them to follow suit with that, WAY too much could go wrong with that...

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless you got a scanner and can clear the codes yourself (i.e. interceptor:D )

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
a blast from the past - how bout that stage 3? sorry to do this but I like to revive the past topics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts