Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard through the grapevine that in about a month or so, GM will come out with a smaller pulley for us. I guess they will also be doing the necessary fuel adjustments and such as well. (sort of a stage 1 upgrade, I guess)

Anyone heard this? Any truth to it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
JPK said:
Heard through the grapevine that in about a month or so, GM will come out with a smaller pulley for us. I guess they will also be doing the necessary fuel adjustments and such as well. (sort of a stage 1 upgrade, I guess)

Anyone heard this? Any truth to it?
Last years SEMA show they had a cobalt ss with upgrades totaling 275 horse and they said there was going to be a program for our cars but it had been so long I thought they where just blowing smoke.
By chance can you release your source because this would be awsome if it were true. :D

They=GM sponsored
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
I have heard the same thing. They (GM) have been planning some dealer installed upgrades for a little while now. I know the Cobalt engineers are currently working on fine tuning a smaller pulley kit. Not sure what the time frame is, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
I'm going to SEMA/IAS in Atlantic City, NJ this month and will hunt down and hopefully, specifically corner the GM Performance guys on this. I'll report back immediately with what I get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
I'm going to SEMA/IAS in Atlantic City, NJ this month and will hunt down and hopefully, specifically corner the GM Performance guys on this. I'll report back immediately with what I get.
Man I wish I could go, but if they have any info tell them to check this forum out so they can get the drift when it comes to how many of us are starving for more power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
they are also supposedly going to offer an exhaust manifold upgrade, according to the latest magazine i've read comparing the SRT and Cobalt with the GT4 theme
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
I remeber a super old thread about august last year that had GM upgrades in it. We were all so excited because it was for the SS stage program 2-3 stages. Then nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
it's because we're getting boned, the cobalt SHOULD bring what we've been looking for, but who knows, it'll probably be another year
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
I agree Chevy draged ass on the Cobalt SS release and now we have to suffer till the aftermarket companys get a hold of them. Execpt Psi-Fi they used our car to make a part for them. Man I cant for 300hp
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
not really. The m62 is pretty stout thought. I will get about 300 wheel hp out of it.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Including our aftercooler/intake manifold?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Vita said:
they are also supposedly going to offer an exhaust manifold upgrade, according to the latest magazine i've read comparing the SRT and Cobalt with the GT4 theme
I read that article as well, pissed me off in fact. I getting sick of magazines saying how great the Cobalt SS is. Motor Trend picked it over the SRT4, SCC said it was better than the Red Line in every way. All the Cobalt SS cars that were used in testing by Mags. had the Comp. Package on them, the Red Lines did not. The Red Lines were also tested prior to the ECU upgrade. I guess I have to go test drive a Cobalt SS because my Red Line is a pile of crap compared to the SS according to the media. Not to mention the fact that GM is such turds that I can't even get the Comp. Package installed on my car because it is not compatible with the '04 Red Lines. Booooooooo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Fineline said:
I guess I have to go test drive a Cobalt SS because my Red Line is a pile of crap compared to the SS according to the media.
All the more glory when we dust the competition on the track or the road. Let them think our car is a piece of crap so that they can hang their head lower after being trampled.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Ya know, there's alot more stuff out right now, than some people can afford to buy, so it's not quite as desperate as some are making it seem. I don't disagree that it could be better, but it's coming steadily now. I mean look at the last few weeks. Cams, cross-drilled rotors, bigger rotors and calipers, short shifter, (I'd add in the Psi-Fi stuff, but who knows when that's gonna come), Alky injection, LSD... etc...

I mean, some people here are acting like it's the same choices as back in January!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Ya know, there's alot more stuff out right now, than some people can afford to buy, so it's not quite as desperate as some are making it seem. I don't disagree that it could be better, but it's coming steadily now. I mean look at the last few weeks. Cams, cross-drilled rotors, bigger rotors and calipers, short shifter, (I'd add in the Psi-Fi stuff, but who knows when that's gonna come), Alky injection, LSD... etc...

I mean, some people here are acting like it's the same choices as back in January!
all too true, too bad gm dropped the ball and hasn't offered staged upgrades. they'd make a killing
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top