Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My stock knuckles did not crack, but the drivers side has deformed over time from heavy Autox use. Unfortunately, the GMPP knuckles are no bueno for stock class. :(

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
My stock knuckles did not crack, but the drivers side has deformed over time from heavy Autox use. Unfortunately, the GMPP knuckles are no bueno for stock class. :(
How would they know?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Nobody would know unless they got down and compared part numbers. It's not even a performance modification. I wouldn't worry about it, even on a national level.

How were you able to find out that your knuckle became deformed?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Have you attended national events? Some of those guys go over every car in the pits with a fine tooth comb; ESPECIALLY if you're someone they don't already know and you're running well. I wouldn't risk it personally because in addition to knowing it's illegal, that part number and description were specifically mentioned in a FastTrack as being illegal for Stock class, and that determination has since been quoted 3 times in subsequent FastTrack releases in justifying other parts decisions, lol. It's something that anyone who reads the FastTrack releases would KNOW to look for on these cars.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I agree with you there. And I can definitely see if you are running well.

I have been to 2 national tours and a few Pro Solo's and have never seen a car looked over really hard. Sm gets looked over pretty good in impound. If your running well and a competitor finds something questionable and protests you, but unless your tearing up stock class on a national level there is no concern.

I guess I am just talking to the casual autocrosser when I said nobody would know.

I too like to be by the rules. Making a car competitive within the rules is part of the fun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
nice pics, does anyboy know if the cobalt knuckle or knuckles from and ion 1, 2 or 3. would it fit in a 04 RL. im rebuilding my suspension, with a mix of new and used part.. the used past are a control arm and knuckle.. the new are strunts an YYZ spring.. pm me with any info... thank you

41 - 46 of 46 Posts