Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm headed to my first road racing style event, not sure if it's just practice, driver's school, racing, or all of the above. It's gonna be at Blackhawk Farms in Rockford IL. I'm going with the Midwest Council Car Club, should be a blast. It's the weekend of April 9th and 10th, I'll find out more when I attend the meeting this month on the 18th. Anyone else in the area interested? Check out their site for details, the SCCA season is approaching quickly as well, so any of you AutoCrossers and racers out there, GET A MOVE ON! Saturn... Whut? Represent! :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Spooner, sound like fun. I have a stupid question though. Insurance. Does a normal policy cover this type of vehicle use? Or is it one of those just don't wreck and you will be fine situations? I have never done any "official" raceing. And my street raceing days are over. To dangerous. Been wanting to do something more professional and respectful.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
So I will have to pay for my car to get fixed And by them a new wall if I hit it. Great. I'll have to attend a few before I decide to actually do it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd have to be going like a total maniac to wreck your car, and the wall is someone else's issue, that's why the track's have insurance. There is a driver's school that is on April 9th, that's what I'm going to, not quite a race it would seem. They even have people that will ride with you, show you the lines to take on the track, where to brake, how to accelerate out of the corners, you name it. Good stuff. It's the only way to use all $20,000 of your car. This

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
$20k, I paid $17k. Yeah GM discount. If I don't have to work I'll go. I work out of state 5 out of 6 weeks. I am on stand-by until further notice so I am seriously bored right now. Also check out the michigan thread when you get a chance. We can talk more about this in person maybe. But Rockford sounds like a good plan. I haven't been there in a while and I have some hotel points to use up.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
487 Posts
THey have insurance, the SCCA that is.

I cant afford something that big so early in the year

by the time I can, I will probably be racing my nissan instead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts