Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going ricer style, i'm going to get a Greddy EVO 2 Muffler 2.5" instead of my planned dynomax ultraflo SS muffler.

Greddy EVO 2 Muffler

I know it's looks like a fart can, but it's alot more tasteful than most import mufflers. I always loved this muffler/exhaust system. I think it will look bad ass on our RL. I'm getting the muffler used for about $75. Give me some feedback guys..

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'll ask on Monday, but I think my buddy at work as a Lancer Ralliart with that same set up. If so, his sounds really nice. Looks like it should sound like a Honda with a 4" tip, but it has a real mellow sound to it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have a Greddy Evo2 muffler on my car, without the stock resonator - sounds mean, deep, and a little loud, but there's still that annoying ring sound at 2000-2500 like a Honda CR125 dirt bike...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it sounds badass. I know some guy that has it on his sentra spec v, it sounds badass. Everything about it sounds badass to me. In WOT, cruising, etc etc. I'm going to love it! I knows!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell yeah I will, I'm going to have more pictures of the new engine damper and weapon-r intake tonight. So look out for it!

·
Registered
681 Posts
By the way, I'm having my fabrication dude work up a short ram intake for me - if it works well, I'll forward his info and pricing. This is one of the few cars that can use a short ram without heat issues - using a short ram on an engine with the exhaust manifold/header in the front is a waste of time, since you're sucking in hot air.

This dude does BEAUTIFUL tig welding on all kinds of metals - I'm hoping to get a decent group price so we can give an alternative to that 4 ft long, $300 K&N deal..

I'm thinking that a polished stainless 90 degree elbow with total length about the same as Barry's intake mod would be very cool, less costly and much less labor intensive than the K&N deal, and would sound completely wicked when you nailed the throttle - folks could hear that Eaton in the next neighborhood.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim Lewis said:
By the way, I'm having my fabrication dude work up a short ram intake for me - if it works well, I'll forward his info and pricing. This is one of the few cars that can use a short ram without heat issues - using a short ram on an engine with the exhaust manifold/header in the front is a waste of time, since you're sucking in hot air.

This dude does BEAUTIFUL tig welding on all kinds of metals - I'm hoping to get a decent group price so we can give an alternative to that 4 ft long, $300 K&N deal..

I'm thinking that a polished stainless 90 degree elbow with total length about the same as Barry's intake mod would be very cool, less costly and much less labor intensive than the K&N deal, and would sound completely wicked when you nailed the throttle - folks could hear that Eaton in the next neighborhood.
Buy it from weapon-r, they will have dyno sheets of my car next week. Here is a pic of the intake.

Weapon-r intake

·
Registered
681 Posts
I wouldn't use a 3.5" pipe - looks kinda weird with the silicone joint pipe all tweaked like that.

The thing is, though, this guy is my bud - he can whip this thing up for around $100-125, it helps him and his business, and he's a freakin metal artist - he did huge amounts of fab work on both my son's cars and would really be offended if I spent a bunch more for something he could easily make for half the cost.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
understood, yeah I didnt realise you had such close ties with the guy. But from him.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Jim Lewis said:

Or you could just buy the $159 AEM WRX intake like me that will do the same thing :D

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
and dl RL, just don't go too ricey. Remember, domestic rice is the worst kind of all. But that muffler shouldn't be bad at all.

·
Registered
681 Posts
IeatRice said:
Or you could just buy the $159 AEM WRX intake like me that will do the same thing :D
I understand what you're saying, but I don't fabricate, and there has to be a small bung for attaching the air intake to valve cover return line...this short ram I'm looking at doing is very simple, since there's no MAF platform - just a 90 degree 3" piece, with the aforementioned bung (heh...heh...he said "bung"...heh..heh).

When it quits raining, I'll take a couple of photos of the way I have my MAF set up on PART of the original airbox/intake tube - it'll make more sense with pictures.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yeah, I used the original MAF also, and all you have to do is drill that bung (ha ha) into the intake.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No, of course I used the stock MAF, but I didn't drill into the intake tube and relocate it - I left it where it was, and cut off the large squarish-round top of the air box.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts