Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gonna go to Kilkare in xenia tomorrow if it doesnt rain. Id hope i see a redline or 2 out there or sometime this season. I dont have any mods since the last time i went in september except a strut brace which isnt gonna help in the 1/4. I am gonna pull the headlight and play with the tire pressure. Maybe get a few tenths..who know. Hell i may not be able to hit the 14.8 again, weather is a huge factor always.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Seriously if i still had my gt i would have sprayed it. Just get you a used cheap dry nitrous setup. Your car will handle 100 spray. We've got guys running 8.30's with your car and the spray. Spraaaay it, you'll like it. ;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt get to go. Track was closed. I wanted to blow it but i think when its payed off in 3 years, i should have every bolt on and suspension set up for good launches and i am definitely going spray.

·
Registered
94 Posts
we've got guys running 8.30s with gears and drag radials...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are u talking the 1/8th?? I only run the 1/4 but in the 8th i been running 9.5. trying to get a new credit card, when i do 4.10s go in!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeah 1/8th mile... I think thats what he meant as well, a mustang is going to need more than the spray to run 8s in the 1/4...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
ThatChevyGuy said:
yeah 1/8th mile... I think thats what he meant as well, a mustang is going to need more than the spray to run 8s in the 1/4...
Alot more! My buddy has a '95 Z28, with a list of mods too long to bother posting, the 2 most signifigant are the 383-stroker conversion and the Vortech supercharger. He doesn't even run low 8's. More like high 9's to low 10's. It's hard to go much faster than that on a drag track in a normal car. Most of them have some additional rules that go into place with sub 10 second 1/4 mile cars. Roll cages, and such. Dino, my buddy, said that most of the time he has to watch that he dosen't run under 10 seconds.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
are u talking the 1/8th?? I only run the 1/4 but in the 8th i been running 9.5. trying to get a new credit card, when i do 4.10s go in!!
stay away from teh credit card, if you don't have cash you can not afford it. You will thank me later.

·
Registered
89 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
I didnt get to go. Track was closed. I wanted to blow it but i think when its payed off in 3 years, i should have every bolt on and suspension set up for good launches and i am definitely going spray.
If you want better times, deff. go with a stall, and deff. no lower than a 4.10. Wev'e got a guy with an identical car with nitto's and a 3.73 running 9.20's in the 1/8th. I say you could get into the 8's in the 1/8th/13's in the 1/4 w/o the spray. I wish i still had my mustang, it was fun run it down the track. My truck just aint fun enough.
Oh yea, just to give you an idea, my friend used to run 7.8(1/8th)/12.7's(1/4) with his mustang with only 260hp/300tq to the wheels n/a. Anything is possible.

Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BOOSTED said:
If you want better times, deff. go with a stall, and deff. no lower than a 4.10. Wev'e got a guy with an identical car with nitto's and a 3.73 running 9.20's in the 1/8th. I say you could get into the 8's in the 1/8th/13's in the 1/4 w/o the spray. I wish i still had my mustang, it was fun run it down the track. My truck just aint fun enough.
Oh yea, just to give you an idea, my friend used to run 7.8(1/8th)/12.7's(1/4) with his mustang with only 260hp/300tq to the wheels n/a. Anything is possible.

Yeah i had 3.73s that would been installed but i got this other saturn so i ended up selling them and i am gonna go with my first choice, 4.10's!!!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Have you poked your way around any junk yards at all for Mustang stuff? When I was redoing the Camaro I ran across some treasures around here, didn't have the money or time to get them, but for instance, I ran across a nearly brand new (1,700 miles) tremec 6-spd from a 2000(?) Z28 SS. The junkyard I was at had a strict $200 price on full tranmissions. That same tranny new is like $3,000! You can find some sweet deals there if you choose wisely! There was also a new Viper sitting there, with the entire rear 1/2 ripped off, guy said a semi truck hit it, the engine still smelled new in it. We asked him how much for the eninge, he's like "Same price as all the other ones, an engine's an engine as far as I'm concerned... Not that we intended on taking it, but nothing like Dodge V10 for $300 or whatever it was...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sp00ner said:
Have you poked your way around any junk yards at all for Mustang stuff? When I was redoing the Camaro I ran across some treasures around here, didn't have the money or time to get them, but for instance, I ran across a nearly brand new (1,700 miles) tremec 6-spd from a 2000(?) Z28 SS. The junkyard I was at had a strict $200 price on full tranmissions. That same tranny new is like $3,000! You can find some sweet deals there if you choose wisely! There was also a new Viper sitting there, with the entire rear 1/2 ripped off, guy said a semi truck hit it, the engine still smelled new in it. We asked him how much for the eninge, he's like "Same price as all the other ones, an engine's an engine as far as I'm concerned... Not that we intended on taking it, but nothing like Dodge V10 for $300 or whatever it was...
that would nice to find a newer 8.8 with less miles and 4.10's allready installed!!! :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts