Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested to see if anyone has tried making a turbo kit for you guys yet. I personally would love to try it, but I personally have never fabricated a turbo setup, much less for someone else's car.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
vwdave said:
I'm interested to see if anyone has tried making a turbo kit for you guys yet. I personally would love to try it, but I personally have never fabricated a turbo setup, much less for someone else's car.
You have fabricating skills? Its not too hard to make a turbo kit, very time consuming though.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i'm sure you could also get an ecotec turbo kit to work. you'd need an intake manifold though, unless you fab one up to go onto the stock one, keeping the intercooler. think about it, FMIC AND Air/Water...

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
well since we got the basic upgrade package done and its going on the other shop redline we are going to put the twincharger on our car. we already have the exhaust manifold and turbo and our custom downpipe flange prototype is getting done early next week. when you guys see what we got cooking you'll smile. :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Twincharger :O *stiffy* ...
But in all honesty
RELEASE THE "basic upgrade package"
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Good to see you mark, I've still got some doh waiting. I'm going nuts I need to put some hurtin on some punks around here. They're little stage 2 srt's wont no what hit em, till then I just aint got a chance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
clownhair said:
You have fabricating skills? Its not too hard to make a turbo kit, very time consuming though.
Yeah, a good amount. I am doing most of the fabrication on my own turbo kit, and I am fabricating my own FMIC.

The only hard part would be a manifold. But they make EcoTec manifolds, so just buy one and we could get started. :)

If anyone is interested, I would like to give it a shot. :)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
vwdave said:
Yeah, a good amount. I am doing most of the fabrication on my own turbo kit, and I am fabricating my own FMIC.

The only hard part would be a manifold. But they make EcoTec manifolds, so just buy one and we could get started. :)

If anyone is interested, I would like to give it a shot. :)
building a turbo manifold was the easy part for me :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts