Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very curious if you did or not becaus I haven't heard back from Adam at all. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Ups hasnt been by yet but still says on time.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I got a frigin note from UPS sorry we have misplaced your item blah call out local office where you can arrange a pick up of your item.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I think something is trying to tell you not to put that header on your car.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Im in florida hes In cali that would be pretty expensive for him to pull that one off. Although funny would be easier to ship. I will have to call in the damn morning to find out why in the hell its not here. I bet it was on the truck but no one was home. Just my luck.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, at least you have SOME sort of hope.

Adam has not replied to any of my emails or phone calls. It's starting to REALLY piss me off now.

If he has the fucking headers then he should ship them already. If not, then he should send me my refund. It's not that complicated. What's with these godamn games?????

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
hes got a real job you know. He was sick all last week so that time he has to make up as well. On top of that he is a sturn manufacturer and they call him daily as well for the headers. When i was on the phone with him he got a few calls from them. Settle down you have waited months its not going to solve itself in 20 mins. And if the header is there tomorrow I will post the pics friday morning thrusdays are my long day 4am to 12am. Yeah do the math.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Settle down???????? C'mon Goofy....

It's not the fact that I have waited almost 6 months for this header as much as the way he's handling his customer service. I've emailed and called him leaving voice mails all last week and all this week and all of them have gone unanswered. When people are good enough to trust you with almost $400 for a product that hasn't even been produced yet, the LEAST you could do is return calls and emails and keep us updated.

We trusted him and funded this entire header project for him. We DESERVE to know what's going on with it.

How are people calling him? He NEVER answers his phone.

If he does this to the Saturn dealers calling him for headers then I don't expect he'll be a "manufacturer" for them much longer.

I think you mentioned that he was the one that called YOU, correct? How come NOBODY else has gotten that same phone call? I just don't get it. If he has the fucking headers then he should be shipping them and if he's shipping them, he should be providing us with tracking #"s considering how long we've waited. The last I heard from the guy was an email with a pic of the header, asking us if we still wanted it. I replied back and said yes and then he disappears on us again.

I realize he's a busy guy but, godamn, this is just a poor way to run a business. I want this header, but everyday that passes that I don't recieve an email or phone call from him, makes me feel more and more like I just threw $400 out the fucking window.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Whew, I'm sorry this happened. This is the kind of crap I have to deal with as a parts seller ALL THE TIME. Constant excuses and mistakes on the parts of the vendors that made me look like sheeaat.

So I got myself into a policy of being straight to customers about everything. If shit wasn't being shipped for 3 weeks I told them 4-5 weeks just to be safe. I usually take whatever my shipping estimate time is and multiply it by 4 just so I have enough cushion for the distributors to screw up! HAHAHA.

I hate to say it but this is why I didn't buy in on the dealer end of it like he was pushing me to. I was gonna line up to buy 5 headers but I figured I'd give the community a chance and see if you guys had trouble. Sure enough, you did. It's a shame too because it certainly seems promising.

In the end, I think if adam were simply honest about the problems and gave realistic (instead of optimistic) expectations to you (his customers) that there'd be alot less angry people.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh just a suggestion. My experience with this kind of thing is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So squeak REALLY effing loud and use lots of profanity.

That usually gets things fixed quick.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anyone could ever get a hold of Adam, that might work.

For what it's worth, I got my UPS tracking # for the header today in my email. The status only says, "billing info recieved" though. I'll just keep checking the tracking every day and hopefully it will give me a prospective delivery date soon.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
JPK, hey if your header situation with Adam doesnt work out. Weapon-R is developing a header soon and you can buy one from them.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm hoping that since I recieved this tracking # today that this is all resolved. I need to see that it has actually been shipped and have an expected delivery date to be absolutely sure though.

That email today was a good start towards that.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Yeah, it's a good start and I hope it all works out. If you dont get your header, I hope you get your money back to invest into something else.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, if you're getting tracking numbers, dosen't that mean he has to have sent something? I mean, it could end up being an empty box, but he has to have shipped something, right?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sp00ner said:
Well, if you're getting tracking numbers, dosen't that mean he has to have sent something? I mean, it could end up being an empty box, but he has to have shipped something, right?

"*UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details."

This was copied directly off of the ups site under my tracking info.

BUT...it HAS been assigned a tracking number so I think that's a good sign.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
JPK said:
For what it's worth, I got my UPS tracking # for the header today in my email. The status only says, "billing info recieved" though. I'll just keep checking the tracking every day and hopefully it will give me a prospective delivery date soon.
Sp00ner said:
HA! I have a feeling you're still going to be waiting A LONG TIME yet. This same exact thing happened with a totally crap distributor when I ordered a video card back in the fall for a computer I was putting together. I ordered the card in August, got a tracking number a MONTH after they got my money. The status said the same exact thing: "Billing information received." That status did not budge for about a week, and that's when the fun started. For the next 2 months of trying to contact the business on the phone everyday (he never picked up or returned voice mail) and getting responses back from their 'customer service' that couldn't even speak proper english, I for sure thought I was screwed. I basically gave up on receiving my card from them, so I asked for my money back, and that still took a month for them to get all straightened out. I eventually got another number to call the 'owner' direct where he'd pick up almost all the time. He kept trying to get their 'warehouse' to send my card out, which some how they kept up 'messing up' and he just kept making up really gay excuses. I guess the point of this story, is NEVER buy anything from www.adosystems.net.
This sounds eerily similar to my experience, so if that tracking number status does not change sometime next week, immediately demand your money back, because I can almost guarantee you are NOT going to receive your header sadly enough...Good luck your neverending waiting for this though, hopefully it will all work out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts