Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good news: they finally got my rim back and it looks good

bad news: tow truck driver dropped another car on top of mine

rear bumper is screwed up.....not sure if its gonna be able to be repaired or have to be replaced

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Smurf said:
good news: they finally got my rim back and it looks good

bad news: tow truck driver dropped another car on top of mine

rear bumper is screwed up.....not sure if its gonna be able to be repaired or have to be replaced

ARE YOU SERIOUS???????

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That's rediculous....

·
Registered
943 Posts
Good thing they told you. I have seen several threads on different boards where there was damage done to a vehicle in the shop and the car was "fixed" without the owner being told what happened.

One incident involved a Vette being dropped off a lift from several feet. They tried to replace the parts, but someone clued him in and he showed up at the dealer. Someone had taken pics and all.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Kirtsky said:
One incident involved a Vette being dropped off a lift from several feet. They tried to replace the parts, but someone clued him in and he showed up at the dealer. Someone had taken pics and all.

wow, ill bet he raised all sorts of hell.....i would have loved to have some popcorn to watch that. vette owners are very protective of their cars, moreso than most car owners, haha.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Kirtsky said:
Ah yes, I remember that lovely story. I followed it all summer long last year. The dealer treated him like complete crap, especially given what kind of car it is. After a month and a half of back and forth, I believe the dealer finally gave him a new C5 that was rightfully deserved. When a car drops 5 feet onto a corner of itself...there is going to be long term damage, no matter how many parts you replace to make it 'look good'...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking I may do the unthinkable.......I may trade my RL in for a new one after I finally get it fixed......I dont feel right about driving a 6 month old car thats been wrecked twice......I may see how much it would cost me to drive an 05 off the lot........I really love my car and dont want to get rid of it

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Look at it this way. It's like dumping your gf and then that day asking her roommate out. It's a sort of a side-step upwards if you get my drift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts