Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would redline water wetter work to lower the temperature of the air to water intercooler or would a nx n-tercooler work? I am only wondering this because cooler air means a little more power.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
redline24 said:
Would redline water wetter work to lower the temperature of the air to water intercooler or would a nx n-tercooler work? I am only wondering this because cooler air means a little more power.
good question, don't think the watter wetter would work though

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've asked SCDyne this question already. He says that the N-tercooler would basically be a waste of money for us... It would only lower the temps a few degrees.... if that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Water wetter is usually used in race applications as most race tracks will not pass your cars tech inspection if you have antifreeze because it leaves and oily film on the track, my brother used it in his race bikes for years, its also alot better than regular water, it has the ability to remove excess heat faster than regular water can but not by huge measure, you might see some minimal increases, maybe pick up a couple horsepower, but the stuff isnt cheap so if you can warrant the cost of using it in your system, as you would have to remove the water and antifreeze in order to fully realize any gains from the water wetter, and as it has the same propertys as water, in winter it will freeze as fast as water as it has nothing in it to prevent this...good luck if you try it let us know the results, all i know for sure is it cant hurt anything.

J~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts