Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last night i was driving home and i notice my steering wheel was shifting to the left hard so i get and check and the tire is fucking flat!?!?!? i think it was sabotage. anyways i was wondering if i patch the tire how long would it last and has anyone bought different tires and what do ya'll recommend...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
A month ago, I picked up an aluminum roofing nail. The nail went in over an inch and ended up less than 1/2 inch from the side wall. Given its proximity to the sidewall the the tire was unable to be patched or plugged. $180 later I had a new tire mounted, balanced and installed. The sad thing is, I had just over 1000 miles on the car when I hit the nail.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
YOU CAN PATCH THESE as long as you are not going to be going like 120 or more with them they will be fine as long as the hole or rip is not in the sidewall they will be fine. use a plug in it if its a nail hole. i have done this many times to my tires and never ever once had a problem and all my tires have always been z rated tires.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
if anyone can get thier hands on them there is a tire that is absolutley fantastic they are called excocet by a company called wynstar. i sold these for almost two years and every single person that has had them absolutly loves them. they are z rated and come in all major sizes. i still sell them but check in your local area to see if anyone does. a large ditributor of this brand is american tire. used to be hefner tire group. if anyone deals with them they carry these. i have them on almost every car that we have and we love them. and they are really cheap as well. usually you can find 205-40 17's for under 65 bucks. they wear very well better then the 9000's in my opinion and better then the nitto and toyos we sell. just a though for some here.

·
Banned
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all i know is that i want another sp 9000 cause i drive like i stole on a daily basis and i dont need to worry about a patch but they are $234 bucks each!?!?!? i can get some kumo mx's for that price.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I havent had a patch on my stock dunlops yet. I have had one of my dunlop graspik's patched. That is a low profile tire and I havent had any problems at all. As a matter of fact I have never had a problem with a patched tire. I somehow got a railroad nail in my Dakota tire. That was a huge hole and they patched it and I drove on the tire for 3 years until I traded it in on my RL.

·
Banned
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
t do u drive like a mad man on a gallon caffiene????? thats where i worry and not only that i have to drive to st.louis for a thing and for those 1000 miles i wanna be as asafe as possible. so my question is how do u drive???

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I dont drive crazy and stupid if thats what ya mean :p

Just go and get the tire patched. If it is to bad for a patch they will let you know. Heck its cheaper than buying a new tire.

As a matter of fact I did drive by Dakota like it was some kind of sports car :D .
I drove that truck pretty hard. I didnt care about that thing half as much as i care about my RL :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
a patch will work just fine. I have used them with great success for years and years. I refuse to throw away a tire. Make sure they do it right though if Jo-Bob hurrys thorugh it and its not perfect you will have an annoying leak all the time. If they seal it and you can see on the outside where the object was spray some super soap water on it when you get home to see if there is any air coming out. Good luck.

·
Banned
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thnx for the tip :). iam sure they will do it rights i have always gone to these people ever since i had my first car, but human error is in our nature...............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.